Like Tree211Likes

Little things we like about Hong Kong

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22

Anyway, getting back on track:

One of the great things about HK is the 'winter'... the only time of year that I can walk around in comfortable temperatures outside. I've been walking around in a t-shirt this week, savouring the feeling of being just slightly chilly, because that never happens any other time of the year outside.

Last edited by jgl; 29-01-2015 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:

One of the great things about HK is the 'winter'... the only time of year that I can walk around in comfortable temperatures outside. I've been walking around in a t-shirt this week, savouring the feeling of being just slightly chilly, because that never happens any other time of the year outside.
    Absolutely the best time of year to be here, just like a good spring in the UK.
    Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:

I do like this current winter. The temperature is just right and the humidity is low. You just don't get that unpleasant stickiness you have in summer when your sweat won't evaporate and the humidity is hovering at 95% all the time.

That being said, I have to say the winter we've had so far feels a bit above the norm. Usually by now there would have been a few "bone-chilling" days when the thermometer dips well into the single digits in the urban areas, and you actually feel cold with the need to wear a thicker jacket. But those few truly "cold" days have been missing this winter, nowhere as many as there usually are...or at least that is how it feels like so far. The question is why? Climate change? Urban heat island? El Nino? Or just a quirk with the weather...so far?
    Last edited by Cho-man; 30-01-2015 at 02:04 AM.

It usually seems to be coldest at Chinese New Year, so we have that coming.

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    It usually seems to be coldest at Chinese New Year, so we have that coming.
    Though last years CNY was well into the 20's. I think I was swimming in our complex pool.
    Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    Though last years CNY was well into the 20's. I think I was swimming in our complex pool.
    Yes, there are always exceptions to the rule.

Also it depends where you are. We had a few 6-degree nights in Tai Po last month.
    Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    that's right, but we had a colder period after that I remember. (below 10c) This winter has been rather warm so far, I try to go hiking as much as possible now, can't stand the brutal heat/humidity in the summer.
    Dankleness and Cho-man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Yes, there are always exceptions to the rule.

Also it depends where you are. We had a few 6-degree nights in Tai Po last month.
    Yeah but you live in a hut deep in the forest so you re kind of the exception

How long do you have to walk to access a computer BB?

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

I have broadband in my woodland smithy, Mat, unlike our other Tai Po villager!

Mat likes this.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22