Like Tree15Likes

Why do people judge you on your name?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shazana:
    Like I said there are lots of people on here who have poor grammar.....but no one took the p### then why me?
    Why you? Call me crazy but I would say that people called you on your grammar as you were asking about teaching English in a post littered with spelling and grammar mistakes.
    carang and dear giant like this.

The guy who made last comment he's the one who was judging me on my name.

Like I said there are lots of people on here who have poor grammar.....but no one took the p### then why me?

Anyway I don't care really u can call me what you want,caz I'm movin 2 Dubai been offered a nannies job,really good pay.

This is the last time on here,look I don't want any grudges against anyone....and I'm really sorry for being harsh on u guys.

Take care !!!
    Show me other people with as many spelling, syntax, grammar and punctuation errors looking for an English teaching job and I will also tell them that they are unfit to teach English.

I've come across reading so many forums,I've noticed a lot of them have poor grammar.

So how come I was picked on my grammar?
    Why do some people judge you on your name?

I found HK a fantastic place.....but I guess i will think twice on people! (well some people).
    Shazana, you came here looking for advice on how to get a job teaching English in Hong Kong. The feedback given was that it wasn't a good option for you, based on your English ability. While you may have found some of it harsh, it was realistic. I was trying to help by asking you for more information because what you gave us was pretty sketchy, but you chose not to reply. However, I'm glad to see that since you first posted you have found another way out of the UK. Nanny rather than English teacher certainly is a better match for your transferable skills.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing you well, Shazana. Perhaps you'll be able to look back one day and realise that we were not being racist or picking on you or putting you down. We were trying to help you avoid pursuing something you were clearly unsuited for - there are many who are taken advantage of, in your situation.
    carang and chingleutsch like this.

I have NEVER, EVER, EVER judged anyone based on their name.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I had no idea where the name "Shazana" came from, I have made exactly zero comments about your name or your ethnicity.

If you believe that I have, then obviously, your reading comprehension needs a little work, too.

I do hope that you enjoy your nanny position in Dubai. It sounds much better suited to your abilities than teaching English.

Last edited by carang; 28-02-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    Fiona in HKG and MovingIn07 like this.

i see some potential here. this could almost be as entertaining of a thread as the "small living spaces --> poor FDH situation". break out the popcorn.

Please, no. That living spaces thread was painful enough.

carang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Depends who the family is. If Arab then yes they will treat you like dirt. If European or American expat you should be fine.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using GeoClicks Mobile
    WTF Moving...really?

Scratch the surface a little bit and...