Like Tree156Likes

Your most hated spot in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

I'd say that more than a few of the many HK resident that enjoy spending time in TST find it quite abnormal to be roaming around the hills on their spare time. If you play a numbers game, I guess they might win the normality contest.

What floats one's boat is obviously very subjective...

closedcasket likes this.

[QUOTE=MovingIn07;2333534] Obviously, if you are stupid enough to live close to it (goodness, who would BE that dumb?) QUOTE]

A shit load of people do live there, and are very happy there. I don't like the dark side myself, but I know people that have lived in TST for decades and wouldn't want to live anywhere else in HK. To each their own I guess, but that doesn't make them dumb. Your comments however, are!

gunsnroses, closedcasket and elle like this.

Sorry moving the 66 and 44 made me laugh after the kg to lbs one. Get that spreadsheet out

My view is that hk people would be likely to go to tst, but probably not to go shopping down Nathan rd especially not the electronic shops and Chungking, which is where a lot of the touts gather. For a meal, for sure I've been to many gatherings with hk locals and tst is a popular location.

Last edited by justjoe86; 22-03-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    head scratcher

what a lot of effort to achieve nothing

amazes me the kind of things people get uptight about
    Uptight ?

Sorry, I just don't have much respect/time for folks who can't do an honest living. They have the choice to do an honest living, but they don't !

I wouldn't choose that way of life, to be quite frank, I wouldn't even accept charity even if I was poor, as that's just how I was raised. I'd also feed my family first and starve myself if I was in that kind of position, but again, that's just how I am....Responsible people work hard and provide for their family. End of story. You don't resort to crime, no matter what.

I await your BS sob story and the myriad of excuses though, for this cretenous group. I wouldn't tolerate my own community if they were all down Nathan road embarrassing my culture like that, just for the sake of making an easy $, I'd be the first to confront my ethnic group and move them on...
    Last edited by Skyhook; 22-03-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I only go to TST to buy basmati rice in Chung King Mansion.
    Go to Jordon if its only Basmati rice you want.

Moving you can get basmati rice and a whole host of South Asian ingredients, spices and what not in, Wang Fat Path, Yuen Long. Most of that outside mall is dedicated to South Asian food vendors, the atmosphere is NOTHING like CKM, it's actually quite nice, friendly, helpful, relaxed and unfussed. The way one would expect civilised society to be.

You don't need to visit CKM in TST. 15-20 minutes on the PLMB ( or taxi ) and you're there from the Gold Coast. No biggie...

Last edited by Skyhook; 22-03-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    INXS and dear giant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Moving you can get basmati rice and a whole host of South Asian ingredients, spices and what not in, Wang Fat Path, Yuen Long. Most of that outside mall is dedicated to South Asian food vendors, the atmosphere is NOTHING like CKM, it's actually quite nice, friendly, helpful, relaxed and unfussed. The way one would expect civilised society to be.

You don't need to visit CKM in TST. 15-20 minutes on the PLMB ( or taxi ) and you're there from the Gold Coast. No biggie...
    THANK YOU.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Uptight ?

Sorry, I just don't have much respect/time for folks who can't do an honest living. They have the choice to do an honest living, but they don't !

I wouldn't choose that way of life, to be quite frank, I wouldn't even accept charity even if I was poor, as that's just how I was raised. I'd also feed my family first and starve myself if I was in that kind of position, but again, that's just how I am....Responsible people work hard and provide for their family. End of story. You don't resort to crime, no matter what.

I await your BS sob story and the myriad of excuses though, for this cretenous group. I wouldn't tolerate my own community if they were all down Nathan road embarrassing my culture like that, just for the sake of making an easy $, I'd be the first to confront my ethnic group and move them on...
    sure, not even the slightest bit uptight

my culture like that, just for the sake of making an easy $, I'd be the first to confront my ethnic group and move them on...
    It's not even easy money. It's just dumb and lazy thinking. I mean, there's gotta be a hundred things you could do that would male you more money and give you more self respect.

80% of the world's population lives on less than $10 day and 50% on less than $1. They are not born with a silver spoon in their mouth, were not all fed properly to allow for proper development physically and mentally, got a free education, mostly free of diseases and a whole lot more.

So easy to shit on people and claim that you would do this and that when you know nothing of other people's experience and situation and probably haven't experienced a 10th of the hardship they have faced...

I have as much disgust for people that look down on others from their pretentious perch than for those trying to make a living from less than honorable means...

Last edited by gilleshk; 22-03-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    closedcasket likes this.