Like Tree156Likes

Your most hated spot in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Am I the only one who doesn't find rush hour mtr that bad? yes, the admiralty changeover to tseun was line is pretty mental, but no more than 5-10m wait to get on the train. And with the MTR, there are specific places to board/stand that help avoid the crush.

Can't really think of places I "hate". On a random note, went to Diamond Hill once and that was a pretty depressing place. And Causeway Bay on the weekend is not to be desired but then there are few compelling reasons to ever be there. Mong Kok I don't mind - a little more room than CWB and anyway the crowds are all part of why I like city living (CWB pushes the envelope way too much).

I guess the things I don't like about HK are not so much 'spots' as ingrained beliefs and habits. But that is another - and way overdone - thread.

Last edited by shenwen; 22-03-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch:
    What? In 5 pages (trains and BO notwithstanding), nobody else has shared my own loathing of Nathan Rd, TST?

And a couple of pages ago, someone mentioned Tuen Mun public housing - if you think that's bad, try some of the older Kwun Tong or Aberdeen area estates.
    I will join u in hating nathan rd in tst.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Speaking of disliked places, it will be interesting to know if anyone have changed from hating a place to liking it (and vice versa).

Regarding the Nathan road Touts...

If you walk down Nathan road and take photos of the touts they really don't like it lol

if they get upset about it just pull phone out and call 999 and involve the police. They will soon high tail it out of there.. I HATE them with a passion and wish that the local municipality and HK police would work hard to running them out of Nathan road. Nobody wants them there and buying tacky fake stuff is so 80's early 90's, its time to grow up and merge with the times.

I believe the only reason HK police have not made a very tenacious effort to get rid of that lot, is because they believe they will resort to petty violent crime ( muggings/bag snatching etc ) if they did. So, a blind eye is definitely being given by the HK authorities.

Last edited by Skyhook; 22-03-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    MovingIn07, dear giant and elle like this.

It doesn't make sense to spend much time and money to deal with these kinds of people. It's basically trying to shovel water. All you are doing is making sure it will spill over somewhere else. The cost benefit of getting rid of them is not really worth it.

A bit like prostitution sweeps that happen in many cities. They push them from one neighborhood to the next and they often end up in more industrial areas where there are fewer residents/businesses to complain.

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    It doesn't make sense to spend much time and money to deal with these kinds of people. It's basically trying to shovel water. All you are doing is making sure it will spill over somewhere else. The cost benefit of getting rid of them is not really worth it.

A bit like prostitution sweeps that happen in many cities. They push them from one neighborhood to the next and they often end up in more industrial areas where there are fewer residents/businesses to complain.
    Sure - but what it does is make TST a place normal HK residents avoid; while giving tourists COMPLETELY the wrong impression of the place. Double negative whammy. I only go to TST to buy basmati rice in Chung King Mansion. I can't get out of there fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Sure - but what it does is make TST a place normal HK residents avoid
    True, I rarely see any HK residents in TST. It isn't like it is one of the biggest commercial centres in Hong Kong or anything. No restaurants there, nothing like a Cultural Centre or any musuems.. very few shops either.

Honestly Min07, where do you come up with this stuff?
    shenwen and closedcasket like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Regarding the Nathan road Touts...

If you walk down Nathan road and take photos of the touts they really don't like it lol

if they get upset about it just pull phone out and call 999 and involve the police
    . They will soon high tail it out of there.. I HATE them with a passion and wish that the local municipality and HK police would work hard to running them out of Nathan road. .
    head scratcher

what a lot of effort to achieve nothing

amazes me the kind of things people get uptight about

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Speaking of disliked places, it will be interesting to know if anyone have changed from hating a place to liking it (and vice versa).
    I used to HATE DB. But some good friends live there and I've grown to really like the place. Still surprises me but....

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Sure - but what it does is make TST a place normal HK residents avoid
    I love Chunking Mansion for their good selection of Indian groceries. Rest of TST I frequent rarely.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast