3-month internship questions

3-month internship questions

Hello,

I'm Belgian and currently studying in Belgium. I got accepted for a 3-month internship in a government company in Hong Kong. Apart from the 3 months internship, I plan on staying one month and a half longer just for holiday purposes. So some questions:
    1) Will I have a work visa or student visa? Is this only for the 3 month period?
    2) If it is a 3 month-only work visa, can I just re-enter from Shenzhen of Macau to get a tourist visa?
    3) Supposing I get a 3-month work visa, can I buy a two-way fly ticket with 4 months and a half between arrival and departure?

Thx!

I think you better ask the government company in Hong Kong. They are the government anyway

As a tourist from an EU member state you can stay in HK for 3 months No visa is required.

Since I have to order my own air tickets, I rather ask it now. The company is on holiday break.

Usually extension of visa should not be a problem in genuine case. Neverthless, its better to get an extension in advance, if possible..... Just to be on safe side....

Most EU nationals can leave Hong Kong and then reenter which will give them an automatic extension.

No Problem getting am extension

As an EU national you have no problem getting a tourist Visa extended. You just need to make a short trip to Macau or China. I am a Dane who have done this several times.