Green Laser

Closed Thread
    A-J

Green Laser

hiya guyz, any idea where i can get green lasers in HK and for how much?
    thx a lot!

lasers

If you'er looking for the hand held variety they are sold at most markets around town eg Stanley, Temple St, Mongkok. Just go to any stall selling electronics. Not cheap - over $600 from memory. They are quite powerful, moreso than the smaller red lasers selling for under $50. No green in this price range.

A-J

thanks a lot,

didn't know that. will check that out tonite.

Out of curiousity, what are the lasers used for? And what is the difference between a red and green one?

A-J

what i read from thinkgeek is
    green laser is about 50 timesbrighter than a red laser pointer and because of its unusual color it is much more noticeable. It has something to do with its 532 nm green laser wavelength whereas red has 650 nm. and the green beam itself can be seen in mid-air in dark conditions, not just the laser beam dot.

Tonite I bought 4 of'em in temple street. planning to have a star wars re-creation day woooosh wooosh..

they cost me 150$ a piece, probably could've bargained down but didn't bother too much.

You can point it at the top of IFC2 from TST, to give u an extreme example for HK doesn't get any cooler

Range of approximately 12,000 ft in darkness

uses:

survival tool. It's beam is so strong, rescuers and search personnel could spot you from 2 miles away if you were ever lost. The actual beam is visible in darkness (copy paste from a site)

blind pilots at short finals (enemy pilots that is)

entertain ur cats

annoy your farthest neighbors

show off to strangers

feel the force luke

and many more

Last edited by A-J; 16-05-2008 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A-J:

You can point it at the top of IFC2 from TST, to give u an extreme example for HK doesn't get any cooler

Okay, you do realise that some of these things are frikkin' powerful and that you shouldn't point it a even distant buildings, right? On the chance than someone could be in that building and look into the beam.

These things have recently been classified as weapons in Australia because knobs were pointing them at airplanes.

A-J

yeah, i you are right, but i'm not THAT much of a "knoob" I aimed for buildings' masts and I'm aware of how much they may hurt one's eyes.

The 5mW version is around 70RMB across the border in SZ. /The 10000+ wholesale price is around 48RMB each in china.alibaba.com

I'm waiting for radiation filters on the cheap ones. I don't really wanna up my cancer risk any more than I already have...

you know you can pull a laser out an old dvd r/rw from a computor and connect it to a mag light torch for a killer of a laser it can burn through paper, pop balloons from across the room,its a wicked toy ,trust me you can feel the force with that sh@T