Moving to HK

Closed Thread

Moving to HK

Hi! I am hoping for some insight from some experienced fellow "comrades". I am interested in moving to Hong Kong, having recently spent a considerable time vacationing in HK. In the last 2 weeks, I have applied to many recruiters but have yet to see any opportunities for "my foot to the door". I am Australian and have had international (based on US, Europe and Asia) experiences in Finance and Accounting in the last 12 years at Managerial positions.

I am now seeking on other possible alternatives besides applying to the recruiters in HK, and the investment option. I have researched the immigration site and my guess is my best option is the employment sponsorship visa.

Any advice much appreciated.

I think you might have misunderstood - to get an Employment Visa you need a job offer from the company that will sponsor you.

Other options include the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme (if you have HK$6.5M to invest here), and (apparently) the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme.

Last edited by PDLM; 19-05-2008 at 09:34 AM.

PDLM - thanks. But I guess I was not specific enough. I am curious to know whether applying for employment via recruitment agencies are the best bet or is there a better option. I am currently applying via email from Australia and have contemplated moving to Hong Kong directly and applying from there, if the chances of securing employment is higher.

Any insight much appreciated.