Like Tree33Likes

Electricity Bills

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JessCooper89:
    Thanks for the responses! My water and over are gas powered and I don't have an over or dishwasher. Aside from the aircon at night and the recharging of my phone and laptop I don't under stand how it can be so much!
    If you have a really old air con (in the window type) that can really eat it up.

But even so try switching *everything* off then check to see if your meter is still spinning. Once (in the uk) I lived in a flat where the meters were labelled incorrectly and we had been paying for the flat upstairs and vv.

My aircon, with the window type AC on all night during summer, is around 4-600/month in summer
    I do not have a washer nor a dryer, but the dehumidifier is on most of the time

Jeysus! Our bill for the last 3-4 months has been an average 5500$ but this month it dropped to 4600$.
    Havent complained as its still way cheaper then what we was paying in Turkey which was equivalent to 18,000$ per month as our heating was LPG.
    Expect ours to drop as we only keep 4 ac units on.

Quote Originally Posted by mur.su:
    turn _everything_ off and see if the meter is still running
    Excellent advice. If the meter is still running then someone is stealing your electricity.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Jeysus! Our bill for the last 3-4 months has been an average 5500$ but this month it dropped to 4600$.
    Havent complained as its still way cheaper then what we was paying in Turkey which was equivalent to 18,000$ per month as our heating was LPG.
    Expect ours to drop as we only keep 4 ac units on.
    Yeah, Evil Secret Liars are buggers for electricity usage.

i've never paid 1K a month (bill is for two months) and the highest bill I ever had was about 900 HKD (summer with air con at night at all time).

It is too much imho (we are two people and we have lived in flats ranging from 650 to 900 sqf)

700 sqft village house, at least 1 AC on 24/7, salt water aquarium, aprox $1500 per month during summer periods.

jayinhongkong likes this.

Are bills per 2 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Are bills per 2 months?
    CLP - Kowloon / NT = bills every two months
    HE - HK island = bills every month

Two different companies. China Light and Power (CLP) and Hong Kong Electric (HE)
    Trance Omega likes this.

Thanks. So now my bills are half what I said. This last one was 2300 per month then. Not as bad as I though when i saw compared to others on here.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast