Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By elliee

Vintage Chanel

Closed Thread

Vintage Chanel

Hi all, I'm travelling to Hong Kong for one day only next week. I have heard that you can buy vintage Chanel jewellery in 'resale' shops there.

Does anyone know which stores are better or if you know any private individuals who want to sell their vintage Chanel jewellery in bulk?

Any advice would be great. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou1427:
    Hi all, I'm travelling to Hong Kong for one day only next week. I have heard that you can buy vintage Chanel jewellery in 'resale' shops there.

Does anyone know which stores are better or if you know any private individuals who want to sell their vintage Chanel jewellery in bulk?

Any advice would be great. Thanks!!
    HK doesn't have much of a resale or secondhand market - everyone wants new and there are few high end secondhand stores that carry things like designer costume jewellery. A bigger issue is that there is so much fake Chanel here that it is hard to authenticate small older pieces. Would be very cautious buying secondhand branded goods (have come across a lot of fake pieces over the years and have friends that have paid a fair amount of $$ for stuff that ended up not being real).

Some reputable vintage shops (but not necessarily cheap and shops are small with limited selection) that I can think of are:

Bang Bang 70s - 1st floor 16A Aberdeen St. SoHo

Hong Kong Treasure - 82 Tak Ku Ling Rd in Kowloon City

Zhan (霑) - Ground shop 1 Po Hing Court 10-18 Po Hing Fong, Sheung Wan

There are also Salvation Army and other charity shops in dotted around, but can't imagine much of what you are looking for being there.
    Gruntfuttock likes this.

Thanks for this! I don't think they are what I am looking for but thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou1427:
    Thanks for this! I don't think they are what I am looking for but thanks for the advice!
    Didn't think it was what you are looking for. Really not much of a resale culture here and combined with exceptionally high rent for shop space there really are not many resellers. Sorry.

Lane Crawford has a vintage Chanel counter, but selection is very limited and prices are high. You'd probably be better off in London/NY/Paris.