The worst scenario

Closed Thread
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Viña del Mar, Chile

    Thumbs up The worst scenario

    I am traveling to HK on May to look for a job and to live some time. I am already in contact with some companies and immigration department. I would like to put myself in the worst scenario that once I am in HK, I will not get the permission to live and work.
    What really happens if the police find out that I am out of permission to stay in HK?

    Thank you for your time and support,

    Erwin Andia

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Overstaying is a criminal offence under the Immigration Ordinance and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 5 ($25,001-$50,000) and to imprisonment for 2 years. Any aider and abettor is subject to the same punishment.
    Best of luck.