Like Tree2Likes

Carrying a pocket knife in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I often carry a Leatherman knife in a sheath on my belt when going to and from the yacht club and have never felt it was wrong. I have one of those SAK's with a USB etc and certainly don't think anyone would stop you if you had that.

http://www.wired.com/images/article/..._skeletool.jpg

I heard that the knife cannot be longer than 6" (blade + handle length).

Swords-6-pic
    i have come back through customs with 6 of the above and got stopped and they asked me what its for, i told them its gifts, which they were. I kept two for myself in the house waiting for some unsuspected person to enter my home at night so i can greet them properly. I also came back with 6 khukuri's Khukuri and also got stopped by customs, the funny thing is the customs guy said these knives are good for attacking people, which really surprised me. I just said they are gifts for people and again i was let back into HK. Woohoo

Last edited by wtbhotia; 25-06-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Was that the question you asked? The question the OP asked was about carrying a knife in the street in HK.
    I might have failed to ask that question, since I only mentioned entering HK. The link I posted to the HK Police is good, so maybe you can pose a more correct question?

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    I heard that the knife cannot be longer than 6" (blade + handle length).

Swords-6-pic
    i have come back through customs with 6 of the above and got stopped and they asked me what its for, i told them its gifts, which they were. I kept two for myself in the house waiting for some unsuspected person to enter my home at night so i can greet them properly. I also came back with 6 khukuri's Khukuri and also got stopped by customs, the funny thing is the customs guy said these knives are good for attacking people, which really surprised me. I just said they are gifts for people and again i was let back into HK. Woohoo
    Nice. I've always wanted a good quality khukri. I'm in the process of shopping for a katana right now. Thinking about going with an odachi too (over 5 ft long).

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Nice. I've always wanted a good quality khukri. I'm in the process of shopping for a katana right now. Thinking about going with an odachi too (over 5 ft long).
    Hey Jayinhongkong,

Khukuri House - Official Khukuri/Kukri supplier to Gurkhas

they are the official suppliers of Khukuri's to the Gurkha's in the British Army.

Since u like the long swords, u should check out the longest Khukuri, the buff head, its used for chopping the heads of buffalo's during religious ceremony.

Khukuri House - Buff Head (the LARGEST)

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Hey Jayinhongkong,

Khukuri House - Official Khukuri/Kukri supplier to Gurkhas

they are the official suppliers of Khukuri's to the Gurkha's in the British Army.

Since u like the long swords, u should check out the longest Khukuri, the buff head, its used for chopping the heads of buffalo's during religious ceremony.

Khukuri House - Buff Head (the LARGEST)
    Hi wtbhotia! I've heard of Khukuri House. I've looked at practically all the knives on their site in the last few years, but I never saw the Buff Head. I do like large blades, but I also like small ones (I just like weapons in general). That would be cool to have, but the 7.5 kg weight is fairly hefty...hehe. I think I'd go with one of their more traditional models over that behemoth of a knife, cool as it is.

Where can you buy pocket knifes in hong kong?

Quote Originally Posted by half.dead.boy:
    Where can you buy pocket knifes in hong kong?
    With that user name, I'm not telling you!

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Hi wtbhotia! I've heard of Khukuri House. I've looked at practically all the knives on their site in the last few years, but I never saw the Buff Head. I do like large blades, but I also like small ones (I just like weapons in general). That would be cool to have, but the 7.5 kg weight is fairly hefty...hehe. I think I'd go with one of their more traditional models over that behemoth of a knife, cool as it is.
    When does a knife become a sword? That Buff Head is just crazy big.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat:
    When does a knife become a sword? That Buff Head is just crazy big.
    I'd never call a khukuri a sword. A khukuri is a khukuri. I love mine, although there are others I like more!