Mum and Baby cinema?

Closed Thread

Smile Mum and Baby cinema?

Hi all,

I've heard of mother and baby cinema mornings in other countries and would like to approach someone over here to set this up. I think it would be mutually beneficial for mums as well as whichever cinema establishment I/we approach. HK unfortunately does not always cater well to parents with young babies and I know of quite a few people who've felt extremely isolated after they've given birth -- an outlet like this would go a long way and gives us mum 'a break' whilst still taking care of the little uns and providing a way for new mothers to find support, breastfeed without feeling embarrassed as well as keep up with what's out there.

My questions are;

1. Do you think this is viable in HK?

2. It's a very price elastic idea and I know many mothers who would not mind in the slightest paying over market price for a ticket based on the fact that it buys you a guilt and stress free cinema experience. In terms of pricing what would you say is reasonable for both an establishment as well as the consumer?

3. What would you recommend in terms of a venue? I could always approach alternative venues with projector screens and the like. In terms of a cinema I was thinking IFC -- nappy changing readily available.

It is an idea I (as a mum to a 6 month old) am serious about perusing, any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated!! Please also feel free to PM me.

Also the reason that this is here and not on geobaby is that I would like to garner ideas from all perspectives. I may post it there as well.

Thank You for your time.

Regards,

Nashua

Might want to do your research on Hong Kong Pregnancy and Baby Resources, Forums and Events - GeoBaby.Com - more people likely to reply to you.

Surprised that you think people feel isolated in HK.

You'd be surprised how many of our GeoBaby mums have formed their own play/lunch/dinner groups.