Looking for small studio in Cheung Chau

Looking for small studio in Cheung Chau

Hello,

Since I will be in HK for a while, I plan on looking for a small studio\student room for 2 persons, preferably in Cheung Chau, or something alike. This is for the period April-Juli. My budget is around 3000-3500 HKD\month. Will I be able to find something? If not, where else can I find such accomodation?

Last edited by Gatts; 21-02-2005 at 07:03 AM.

cheung chau

I think it's possible to get small place for this money on Cheung Chau: around 450 sq ft I'm guessing, with tiny bathroom, kitchen, living room and a bedroom (a min flat). If you like beaches, you might find it a pleasant time here. Not sure of contacts, but might be able to find.
    Might also be that the couple of estate agents here might have suitable places; but seems landlords trying these often aiming to sell not rent (even tho might have signs outside places saying they're for rent). Also, can try people renting holiday flats, some of which are v nice inside.

Thx for the info!
    Does anybody know if it's easy commutable? I mean are ferries to central really packed in the morning? Also is there any internet facilities/connections available?

thx!

Last edited by Gatts; 23-02-2005 at 07:18 PM.

cc living

ferries full, but not packed; get there maybe 5 mins before departure and should get a seat (I haven't missed yet). I usually take fast ferries; around 35 mins to Central. If you want more space, travel on bigger, slower ferries, upstairs in "deluxe" class.

I've had broadband since soon after it first arrived in HK.

Gatts,

I have a friend who owns an apartment block on the island.

See here for some more info...http://www.adpost.com/hk/homes_offic...f047db95464145

You can contact her by email for any enquires you may have
    [email protected]

cheung chau flats

Gatts: you might want to check out re getting to/from seascape apartments; not the closest building to ferry pier, tho nice location once there.

Thx for the help! App & Docbird!

Seascape apartments are maybe a bit away from the pier, and a bit too roomy for me. But we'll definitely look into it!
    Anybody knows some other agents or people that offer apartments for rent on Cheung Chau? (Price range 2500-3200HKD). thx!

hi gatts,
    there are lots of one bedroom within 2500 in cheungchau bt you can also get a room around hku within that or upt 3000, hku is about 10 mins to central and many buses to other location,