• 2 Post By Walter White
  • 2 Post By Stoob
  • 1 Post By closedcasket
  • 1 Post By rakedavids
  • 1 Post By HowardCoombs

Airport Express entrances from airport arrivals halls

Closed Thread

Airport Express entrances from airport arrivals halls

I will be meeting somebody who is arriving in Hong Kong and taking the airport express from the airport. Understand there are two arrival halls, A and B, at the airport, so it may be confusing to meet there. Does anyone know if there is only one entrance leading to where you take the Airport Express? Or are there separate or multiple entrances, depending on which arrival hall you come from?

I thought it may be a good idea to arrange to meet at the Airport Express entrance or the platform itself, if there is only one main walkway there.

There are 2 (or might even be 3) . Map :

http://www.chinatouristmaps.com/trav...ailed-map.html

Last edited by HowardCoombs; 05-03-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Arrange to meet at Starbucks, or Delifrance, or McDonalds, Crystal Jade, HSBC, 7-11, Relay...etc.

imparanoic and jimbo like this.

The OP obviously likes to prepare in advance, first post is asking where the airport is!

GeoSteve and tinlissie like this.

Original Post Deleted
    While your theory is correct, allow me to add a corollary: Old people who do not carry cell phones and have their kids waiting for them will pick their exit randomly, sometimes influenced by which toilet they have attended after they pick up their luggage and sometimes influenced by the price of tea in China.

We have a fantastic airport but the A/B randomness is a regular annoyance whenever we are picking up elderly...Yes, yes, even when we tell them "go to exit A", the seniors just dont listen
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    Arrange to meet at Starbucks, or Delifrance, or McDonalds, Crystal Jade, HSBC, 7-11, Relay...etc.

I'm upset they took the Burger King away...
    jmbf likes this.

there are big screens on both sides showing passengers exiting from both sides.
    pick the side where the arrivals board indicates passengers from that flight are to exit from and watch those screens to spot your guests so you don't miss them...

HK2A430 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rakedavids:
    there are big screens on both sides showing passengers exiting from both sides.
    pick the side where the arrivals board indicates passengers from that flight are to exit from and watch those screens to spot your guests so you don't miss them...
    Yes, definitely be careful as I almost missed my family following the sign boards that say which side a flight's passengers will exit from (board said A, they took B), not realizing that you can monitor both sides via the screens.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    I'm upset they took the Burger King away...
    Well there is a Burger King outlet at T2's food court. Just head over there from T1 and go up to the food court level and there it is.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I wonder how the OP got from the airport when they arrived. And why they've not gone back to the airport since...