Like Tree87Likes

Visiting Hong Kong/Shenzhen

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

here's my two sense.

1. no one aint gonna delivery you no crap if you dont put a deposit down. 30% deposit is the norm.
    2. there aint gonna be no chinaman deliverying you your goods in hong kong. go and pick it up from the factory or their office. dingbat.
    3. us$25k worth of phones at discounted retail price will easily take up a few suitcases. go and do your math.
    4. this is how much Li batteries you can carry on a plane unless you are on Mh370
    http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...batteries.html

do you really need me to go on? stay in school.

There's nothing amusing about me saying I know my way around these people. I'm an American, born and raised, but my parents aren't. Father is African, mother is Paki. I know my people on both sides, and I know how they operate, and unfortunately they most certainly target a specific demographic of people for their scams
    Victims of fraud are very well studied. You can learn a lot form these studies.
    If you go thru this one, you'll find pointers to a fair number of studies:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...typologies.pdf

While you may believe you are somehow above this, the science does not agree with you.

Guys, he is from NYC, they will surely give him a fair and honest deal. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    here's my two sense.

1. no one aint gonna delivery you no crap if you dont put a deposit down. 30% deposit is the norm.
    2. there aint gonna be no chinaman deliverying you your goods in hong kong. go and pick it up from the factory or their office. dingbat.
    3. us$25k worth of phones at discounted retail price will easily take up a few suitcases. go and do your math.
    4. this is how much Li batteries you can carry on a plane unless you are on Mh370
    http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...batteries.html

do you really need me to go on? stay in school.
    Your attempt to humorize MH370 is shameful.
    The clowns you encounter on the internet, smh. People are very brave behind a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalExport:
    People are very brave behind a keyboard.
    Have you looked in the mirror lately?

just take 1 second to think why we all think you are an idiot.

I completely and totally understand I'm going to be dealing with people whose first instinct will be to scam me, but I'm not a middle aged white man (typical mark for these people)
    Again, not to be racist, I'm not a racist by any stretch, but these traders eyes light up when they encounter whites because of the cultural differences. To them whites are ripe for he picking, why do you think 419 victims are always White Westerners? Indians sell low quality "silk" and other fine "cloths" imported from India here in NYC to mainly unsuspecting whites. I know my way around Indians, Africans, and Chinese, I was born and raised in NYC with these groups, I belong to one of these groups. I speak the language. I'm not getting scammed, I know my way around these sharks.
    Some won't even waste their time, others will be eager to work with someone they see a kin with American connections. As for the Chinese traders, I have a buddy in Shanghai who can assist. Culture is a big deal in all of this, makes it much easier or harder to enter these tight knit communities.
    All of these are very naive assumptions, and yes they are only assumptions. Chinese are more than happy to screw their own, make no bones about it, and they often do. They don't see middle aged white guys coming from the US, they see buyers coming from the US. Race and colour doesn't come into it. They're wary of middle aged white guys in HK who have a bucket load of experience and know the scams....

Honestly China is not the US. Perceptions are very different. You may think you've struck up beautiful friendships, done some great deals and then bang. You get screwed for the big one. It's happened to the most confident, the local poorest, the richest and those of every creed and colour. $$$$ outweigh all of your assumptions by a huge margin. No one cares for long term relationships or what "may" happen in the future all they care about is the deal going on the table here and now. That is it, end of story. You are only $$$$$ even to those you do have longer relationships with. It is something you will learn over time.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    just take 1 second to think why we all think you are an idiot.
    "The opinion of me held by a few middle aged losers who spend all their time patrolling online forums definitely matter to me" said no one EVER.

I made a thread seeking advice for an endeavor I'm about to begin in the immediate future, so I've been active on this thread reading the replys and some of them were very helpful.

But why are you here? Do you not have a life? Wife, kids, job? Etc?

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    ... It is something you will learn over time.
    But but but, jaykay, but but:

I REPEAT, buying goods in a foreign country and figuring out to export them legally is not a skill.
    There is no skill required in importing/exporting goods.
    I got all the answers I needed last night, the replys on the first 2-3 pages were enough for me to formulate a concrete mode of action.
    There are no holes in my plan
    it doesn't take a rocket science to figure out when their being taken for a ride
    My nationality of people are already heavily involved and present in trade in the region, and I know how to deal with them.
    I'm not getting scammed, I know my way around these sharks.
    Young, eager, new, cocky and has zero respect for age&experience - perfect combination for a Tragic Comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    But but but, jaykay, but but:

Young, eager, new, cocky and has zero respect for age&experience - perfect combination for a Tragic Comedy.
    Do you patrol these forums for a living? No job, wife, kids?
    Is this your only source for social interaction?

If none of the above is true I'm not understanding your purpose here in this thread.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast