Like Tree87Likes

Visiting Hong Kong/Shenzhen

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalExport:
    Ok, Point received
    Wow.
    You were told this back on page 2. We are now on page 8 with multiple people telling you the same thing. Took 6 pages of messages for you to realize that your brilliant plan was full of holes. Better late than never I guess....
    Are the phones being sold at Chungking Mansions or other HK electronics markets generally sourced from a better place than the phones sold at the SEG markets?
    No, the source is the same. As a newbie, you will have much higher success rate buying from here rather than from SEG or from various ppl you are randomly Skyping...

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Wow.
    You were told this back on page 2. We are now on page 8 with multiple people telling you the same thing. Took 6 pages of messages for you to realize that your brilliant plan was full of holes. Better late than never I guess....

No, the source is the same. As a newbie, you will have much higher success rate buying from here rather than from SEG or from various ppl you are randomly Skyping...
    There are no holes in my plan. "Point received" was me simply respectfully acknowledging his concerns.

I asked how could I be scammed on a COD setup, he gave me detailed ways, but honestly a little common sense would enable me to side step them all. COD means COD, not I'll pay you x amount for import fees before you bring the merchandise to me. That's stupid. I tell the supplier I need 200 models of said phone for X amt, we agree, I tell them cash on delivery, they agree, they say "oh well you need to pay this upfront for whatever transport fees", I decline and walk out. Simple. Again, it doesn't take a rocket science to figure out when their being taken for a ride.

Varying Megapixel or Ram on phones might be an issue if I was selling these to Americans who really utilize these features of phones, but I'm not, and I heard of this issue, it's a non issue.

I asked if the source differs for the phones in HK markets and Shenzhen markets, I know they don't, I just wanted to hear his reply. The Chinese phones all come from the same factories in the Guangzhou-Shenzhen region of China.

"As a newbie, you will have much higher success rate buying from here rather than from SEG or from various ppl you are randomly Skyping..."

Because it's common knowledge that newbies get better deals in HK because the Chinese/Indian/African traders there are a different breed of people than the Chinese/African/Indian traders in Shenzhen/Guangzhou. More of your baseless opinions.

I completely and totally understand I'm going to be dealing with people whose first instinct will be to scam me, but I'm not a middle aged white man (typical mark for these people) I'm 21 yrs, 6'3 210. My nationality of people are already heavily involved and present in trade in the region, and I know how to deal with them. My issue was never how to avoid getting scammed, my issue was how to go about getting money into China on a tourist Visa(solved) and how to transport the goods to my intended destination(solved).

Again, not to be racist, I'm not a racist by any stretch, but these traders eyes light up when they encounter whites because of the cultural differences. To them whites are ripe for he picking, why do you think 419 victims are always White Westerners? Indians sell low quality "silk" and other fine "cloths" imported from India here in NYC to mainly unsuspecting whites. I know my way around Indians, Africans, and Chinese, I was born and raised in NYC with these groups, I belong to one of these groups. I speak the language. I'm not getting scammed, I know my way around these sharks.

Thanks for you input guy.
    Last edited by GlobalExport; 24-03-2014 at 09:54 AM.

"As a newbie, you will have much higher success rate buying from here rather than from SEG or from various ppl you are randomly Skyping..."

Because it's common knowledge that newbies get better deals in HK because the Chinese/Indian/African traders there are a different breed of people than the Chinese/African/Indian traders in Shenzhen/Guangzhou. More of your baseless opinions.
    Fact: Hong Kong has a very strong rule of law; China, not so much.
    Fact: many/most of the Hong Kong merchants (you can check this easily) have been at their businesses for years and years while your yet to be found random partners: not so much.
    Those are facts. My opinion, made by observation, is that you are a cocky individual with abundance of confidence. Just the perfect type of person to be taken advantage of.
    . I know my way around Indians, Africans, and Chinese, I was born and raised in NYC with these groups, I belong to one of these groups. I speak the language. I'm not getting scammed, I know my way around these sharks.
    I suggest you frame those words somewhere and keep them safe. In a few years (or maybe months), you can go back to them and reminisce about the good old days of innocence.
    bookblogger likes this.

how to transport the goods to my intended destination(solved).
    Have you? You have yet to address the issue of getting a MSDS for the lithium batteries within the phones, and I doubt any reseller will actually have these to supply to you.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Op

I suggest you go to hktdc.com and look up small order zone.
    Very safe and they'll also deliver

GlobalExport likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Fact: Hong Kong has a very strong rule of law; China, not so much.
    Fact: many/most of the Hong Kong merchants (you can check this easily) have been at their businesses for years and years while your yet to be found random partners: not so much.
    Those are facts. My opinion, made by observation, is that you are a cocky individual with abundance of confidence. Just the perfect type of person to be taken advantage of.
    I suggest you frame those words somewhere and keep them safe. In a few years (or maybe months), you can go back to them and reminisce about the good old days of innocence.
    HK has a more stringent rule of law? Ok. Possibly. I don't know how much that factors into the equation when I'm turning to the grey markets to buy goods, both are not really regulated, but you've finally raised a legitimate claim I guess... I wouldn't do business with a rep who doesn't have a set location I could always walk in and see them at, kind of the whole point of me traveling half way across the world to meet and greet face to face.

There's nothing amusing about me saying I know my way around these people. I'm an American, born and raised, but my parents aren't. Father is African, mother is Paki. I know my people on both sides, and I know how they operate, and unfortunately they most certainly target a specific demographic of people for their scams, a shark will try his hand at everyone obviously, but they soon realize who they can and can't take advantage of.... After 5mins of back and forth they'll know I'm not bait. Some won't even waste their time, others will be eager to work with someone they see a kin with American connections. As for the Chinese traders, I have a buddy in Shanghai who can assist. Culture is a big deal in all of this, makes it much easier or harder to enter these tight knit communities.

I'll check it out. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Have you? You have yet to address the issue of getting a MSDS for the lithium batteries within the phones, and I doubt any reseller will actually have these to supply to you.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Yes. Problem has been solved.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Op

I suggest you go to hktdc.com and look up small order zone.
    Very safe and they'll also deliver
    Again many thanks, site has suppliers with proper contact info and address.

Are the phones being sold at Chungking Mansions or other HK electronics markets generally sourced from a better place than the phones sold at the SEG markets?
    HK will have more Asian imports. I.e., a grey market Samsung could come from Korea or other Asian markets. China will have that in smaller numbers, and higher price.
    GlobalExport likes this.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast