Like Tree86Likes

GUILTY! (jay walking court summons )

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    coz it bloody holds up traffic
    So does illegal parking. However, I guess that's OK, cause the only people doing it are rich people, so no need to fine them, ever.

Where did your maid got caught OP? Some streets in HK no one cares if you jay walk or not (as everyone does it), other places you have to be a bit more careful, especially if you see some police standing around.

Is she the same maid you want to fire and have lots of issues with? If so, why are you concerned about it. It's her problem, not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Of course they would respond. Call and check if she needs to go, she shouldn't just not turn up.
    jus found a seperate slip - says if u sent a plea no need attend.. they will inform u in writing with in 10 days...

I do wonder what happens if that letter gets ost on the way tho

Call them!!!

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Hunter:
    Is she the same maid you want to fire and have lots of issues with? If so, why are you concerned about it. It's her problem, not yours.
    yeh she quit - then got sick so we gave her some time off... then when she came back she said she had changed her mind and decided she liked us after all,,, we were havin none of that.. and have hired a replacement..

she's now on go slow - las night we asked her to make some stir fry pork - so thats exactly what she did. stir fried some pork - no vegetables in or anything other than pork!

I cant wait fro her replacement - 2 weeks an counting... until then I need to run a business from home an the wife needs to work...

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Where did your maid got caught OP? Some streets in HK no one cares if you jay walk or not (as everyone does it), other places you have to be a bit more careful, especially if you see some police standing around.

yuen long I think- near the tram lines...

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    wow 1500 is a sting!

she sent letter on 13th march. court is supposed to be 2mrrw ( 3rd april )

is long enough? would they respond?
    If she plead guilty by letter, then they will not respond until they are ready to issue the fine. I guess the letter you wrote might be taken into consideration as mitigation in deciding the level of the fine.

He said they said they would respond within 10 days. Which they haven't.

Scrambler, just ditch the maid drama already.

Have you contacted any of the temp expat nanny services that I suggested? If they can find you someone, it's only going to put you out of pocket for ten grand for two weeks, and given that you had previously said that your current project is going to be equivalent to several years' worth of maid salaries, just shell out for it.

You are now dealing with an obviously recalcitrant 'employee' who you have many times said that you do not trust with your infants. You cited a case just yesterday about how she left one of them in a physically dangerous situation. If she is continuing to go back and forth on wanting to be employed with you and she is sulky, surely she is even less trustworthy now.

I believe that I've even given you details in a PM on how to expedite the visa process for the new helper. Did you even try that route?

Get her out of your house, get out of her petty legal infractions, let her deal with the court case and the whopping (to her) fine. You have a business to run and kids to look after. Why are you wasting time on this?

Last edited by jgl; 02-04-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast