Like Tree86Likes

GUILTY! (jay walking court summons )

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    wont pay her fine..

I got a replacement coming - end of.. ( who says I get final word in these matters!!! )

we have her for 2 more weeks.. ( supposed to be 30th but we will let her go on the 16th when the missus gets off work for easter

waste time finding out if she needs to go court? seems to me she wants another bloody day off - ( she had the whole of las week off - ) I just need some one to look after the kids whilst I service the masses over the internet.

- so wasting 20 mins on here to find out seems like a good trade off.. unless I get sucked off onto a tangent debate,,,,,,
    You don't have to give her a day off to go to court. Take it off her as time in lieu at the end. Or make her work next Sunday

hah ok guys - thats what I meant about being dragged into a tangent..

lets have a quick summary.

the question as posed was does my helper need to go to court or not tomorrow...

she wrote a letter - we havent actually recieved a response..
    altho I later found a little slip that said if u plead by post - u dont have to go.. they will contact u within 10 days to let u know what they decided..

if we could keep our answers 'on topic' - saving your judgements about what I shoulda coulda mighta done. or what u would do if u werre me..

I listen to all your advice- share it with my partner an we decide what course of action feels right for us..

Creative83 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    hah ok guys - thats what I meant about being dragged into a tangent..

lets have a quick summary.

the question as posed was does my helper need to go to court or not tomorrow...

she wrote a letter - we havent actually recieved a response..
    altho I later found a little slip that said if u plead by post - u dont have to go.. they will contact u within 10 days to let u know what they decided..

if we could keep our answers 'on topic' - saving your judgements about what I shoulda coulda mighta done. or what u would do if u werre me..

I listen to all your advice- share it with my partner an we decide what course of action feels right for us..
    My advice:

Do nothing. Tell your helper to fix her own problems. If she takes the day off, take it off her salary.

Simple.
    bibbju likes this.

of course asking for advice on a forum is better then calling the court confirming whether the maid has to show up or not.

bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Scrambler, it's all well and good 'liking' my advice, but have you tried either of the suggestions or are you just looking to vent again?

If you're looking to vent, just be upfront about it and we'll pat you on the shoulder and say 'there, there' instead of try to come up with practical advice.
    hah - u edited that a bit..

when I liked your post it was cos I liked part of it,, not all of it..

not trying to vent - was jus finding out if any one else has

a) written a letter pleding guilty in a similiar case

b) find out if they would respond saying they got it - no need to come - we'll let u know what the wiggy one says ..

c) whilst I dont really care for this woman in my employ who has frustrated me - I dont necessarily want to generate a pile of shit for her.. so I am spendin a few mins to find out points a and b.... i had this stupid idea that if I treat her with respect etc - then she might return the favour...

Almost 4 hrs later and you haven't called the court?

Sheesh

bibbju likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    My advice:

Do nothing. Tell your helper to fix her own problems. If she takes the day off, take it off her salary.

Simple.
    thanks but u think that will have impact on my working day?

can I call the court for her? isnt it her private matter really? would they tell me? I am not her gaurdian etc.

I asked her to call she hasnt yet. I just asked her again!

the last 4 hours have been really busy... they're called twins.. they are 6 months old... they keep u busy., as well as trying to do some work...

I am sure there will be some Telephone ping pong for her now they are taking a nap....

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    My advice:

Simple.
    The arrogance of the average expat is personified in this post.

Hey I've got a different solution. Would you have one in London? No. So why feel the need to have someone clean up after you here. Oh coz they're cheap labour, that's right. Iron your own shirts, take your own empties out.

Vile.

And as for 'Take it off her salary'. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by GeoSteve; 02-04-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: No need for the personal insult. Last warning.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast