Moving to HK and seeking assistance.

Closed Thread

Unhappy Moving to HK and seeking assistance.

Hey people,

I am planning on moving to HK towards end of April. I am currently seeking a place to live and don't know where to look. i am hoping someone can lend a helping hand. Also looking for a job. I am an IT manager in the US. Decided to give it up for my lady. She has family in HK and I don't. Will be slaving off just to make ends meet.

Any help would be great. I was reading some of the messages and you guys here have been quite helpful.

And, your budget is?

budget... hmmm..

i was told for grads.... rent is around 8k? so i am targetting that area. I am really looking for sharing flats since that might be the easiest way to meet people and get adjusted to the new environment. Preferably around TST or MTR.

btw.. THANKS FOR THE LIGHTENING response.

Chewy, take a look at the various threads on similar topics...you'll find a lot of information. From your post, unless you have HK ID and are entitled to land and work, I think you'll find a little research goes a long way.

Specifically for housing, I'd recommend gohome.com.hk and centanet.com

Arrow Moving to HK and seeking assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy:
    Hey people,

I am planning on moving to HK towards end of April. I am currently seeking a place to live and don't know where to look. i am hoping someone can lend a helping hand. Also looking for a job. I am an IT manager in the US. Decided to give it up for my lady. She has family in HK and I don't. Will be slaving off just to make ends meet.
    A: Have you settled with a job yet, such job as an IT manager? It has been more than 1/2 a year. You can commute/ work by doing work at home and/or living in Shenzhen where rent is cheaper and doing your work while commuting to HK.I know of an available 3 bed room apartment that is US$220 per month. Let me know if you are still trying, [email protected]

Any help would be great. I was reading some of the messages and you guys here have been quite helpful.
    A: I just like to know how you are doing now?