Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bookblogger
  • 1 Post By Rob2020
  • 2 Post By bookblogger

Best water filter for kitchen and shower?

Best water filter for kitchen and shower?

Would someone be able to recommend a good water filtering product for the kitchen and also shower?
    I have searched through various forums and the discussions about this topic seems to be a little out-dated. In detail, we are looking for a add on filter for the kitchen tap that can be removed to take to another country and same with the shower

At the moment I am looking at a brand called "Aquasana". The brand does a good job at their selling their product through an informative website which some of the other brands such as Toray, Amway seem to lose out on.

I have read about how Hong Kong's water is "safe" to drink but I live in a old apartment in Sham Sui Po and sometimes I get brown water coming out of the tap. Also my wife and I have been experiencing itchy skin and hair loss since we arrived here from Sydney, Australia and although we can't deduce that it's due to the water, we are living a pretty stress free life at the moment and would like to test if better water helps out for us.

Any information matter would be extremely helpful.
    Thanks in advance.

Reverse osmosis system is a killa.

I use the Philips one that can be bought in Japan Home Store. Replace it every time the filter goes brown, about once every six months.

Rob2020 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    I use the Philips one that can be bought in Japan Home Store. Replace it every time the filter goes brown, about once every six months.
    me too, 12 years, still alive
    bookblogger likes this.

water coincidence

Stoob and Robert Knowles like this.

Thank you for all your responses.
    I will check out the reverse osmosis systems and the Phillip's filter from JHC.

I'm using something like this for about 5 months now, tastes nice: 3M™ 濾水系統

I recently installed Aquasana.. v simple and good filter. Bit expensive in HK compared to buying from amazon.

I bought their shower filter from amazon for USD 56.