Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Need help with ESA Lesson Plan - Calling all TESOL / TEFL English Teachers

Need help with ESA Lesson Plan - Calling all TESOL / TEFL English Teachers

Hi all,

So I'm preparing to come to HK and hoping to teach English when I arrive. I'm at the end of my 4 week course to get a TESOL certificate for 120 hours of study.

The final assessment is a straight arrow ESA (engage, study, activate) lesson plan and I've had trouble twice before when submitting it. I've given it to the course coordinator and I've been told that if I submitted it for my final assignment I'd fail. I'm a bit disheartened and don't know where else to look for help. Then I remembered that many English teachers already in HK would have been through something similar and hope that they may take pity upon me and give me a few pointers.

I know it's a huge ask but if anyone out there is willing to have a look at my lesson plan I would be very grateful. I'm supposed to be basing a 60 minute lesson upon teaching the second and third conditionals.
    Second conditional form: if + past simple, would / could / might + base form.
    Third conditional form:if + past perfect, would / could / might + have + past participle

If anyone out there who is willing to lend me a hand could please shoot me a message that would be very kind.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to assist.

Cheers,
    Ryan

What feedback have you been given? What areas does the coordinator say you are weak in?

Have sent you a PM.

Haven't received it.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake
    Haven't received it.
    Sorry for the confusion - was referring to the OP.

Hi guys,
    Thank you both for your input. I am extremely grateful and am happy to tell you both that I took on board your advice and had a look at your example lesson plans and after doing this reconfigured my own. Once submitted I waited nervously and now have heard back that it's a pass!
    Thanks a lot guys - I'll be in HK in the near future. Now just getting ready to tackle the visa application.
    Cheers and thanks again both Drumbrake & jmbf

CVG likes this.

Hi Ryan, sorry I didn't see this thread before, but I just want to note that you should avoid teaching conditionals like the plague, especially for your teacher training. Could you not have picked another grammar topic that would have been more straight forward like present perfect or simple present?

ryan_w likes this.

Hi Elgiaque,
    I sincerely wish I could have but it was set as what I had to do. Luckily I was able to manage it in the end. It was definitely not the easiest one to do but I'm happy I was able to pass. Thanks all the same.

Hi Ryan,

I have had exactly the same problem. I would love to know what pointers/plans you had. Wish I had been given feedback though

Many thanks
    Michele

Quote Originally Posted by maman-3-garcon
    Hi Ryan,

I have had exactly the same problem. I would love to know what pointers/plans you had. Wish I had been given feedback though

Many thanks
    Michele
    Hi Michele,

If you are interested I can send you the same sample lesson plans that I sent to Ryan to help him out. Just PM me your email.
    ryan_w and caxtonhertz like this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast