Please Help

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Please Help


    Hopefully someone can help us, and point us in the right direction.

    Im a South-African passport holder, married to a Hong Kong Resident with Right of Abode. We have a 14 month old baby on a South-African passport. We are currently living in London, UK.

    We want to move to Hong Kong. We will be applying on the depent visa for myself and baby. How to we go about it from the UK?

    My wife will go first with baby and I will follow a little bit later (6 months later). So we want my wife's parents to go to Hong Kong and help with baby. They are currently living in Singapore on Chinese passports. Which visa would be best for applying for them?

    Any comments/advice appreciated...


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2003

    Would strongly recommend you call the Chinese Embassy in the UK.

    Chinese Embassy in The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Consular Department
    Address : 49-51 PORTLAND PLACE, LONDON W1B 1JL, U.K.
    Country district code : 44-207
    Telephone : 2298428, 2998433
    Fax line : 4369178, 6369756
    They should be able to walk you through the process of applying for a dependant's visa.

    Also, take some time to study the following site