day 1 in HK

Closed Thread

day 1 in HK

Hello,

Seeing that there are plenty of new postings for people having just moved here, not sure why i am starting a new one! Well, i just moved to this bustling little corner of Asia today, and it suddenly dawned on me how little i know of the place and its people. so here i am with a couple of suitcases (luckily i got a temporary roof over my head) and feeling a little lost. if there are any other newbies who wanna team up to explore the city and beyond, i know a good starting point to the tour, this place called LKF which i hear is where all the action is - drop me a line, a PM, whatever, and lets make this weekend a trek through the urban jungle. i am 29 male and just transferred here from New York, working at a bank, in case that matters.

Hi WWE.
    Good luck with it all. I am moving to HK this Sunday (transferring for work too) and am in the same position. I know 2 ppl. I am 30 and moving from Australia. So let me know how you get on with your first few weeks.
    The apartment hunting is a little daunting so any tips would be great.

Ciao

hi HB, forget the first few weeks, it took me only one weekend to meet lots of new people (incidentally half of them were australian) and so initial impression was a very solid positive one for the city (other than the weather and the traffic). good luck with your move, and as a tip, sign up early to get an appt. with the immigration office for your HK ID, u will need it in those first few weeks for a credit card, cell phone etc. i dont have the website handy but just google it and u can make an appointment online before u even get here.