Like Tree92Likes

MTR queue during rush hours

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy1234:
    the link of the site should be 香港乘車易 - 路線搜尋
    Thanks for fixing that. I use it so often I only get as far as the "t" and my browser fills in the rest....

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    +1 on the bus vs train queuing observations. See that too myself.
    +1 for bus v train queues. Bus queue etiquette is very good. MTR train doors are a little too wide for a neat que to form.

Passed through Admiralty at 6:05PM tonight. Walked off the West bound Island Line straight into the North bound Tsuen Wan train. ZERO waiting.

emilyxyz likes this.

Can't wait to set foot there and experience for myself. I have one month to house hunt. I hope the agent wont waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by emilyxyz:
    Can't wait to set foot there and experience for myself. I have one month to house hunt. I hope the agent wont waste my time.
    Hk station to central,9am weekdays, that's how it normally is.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Passed through Admiralty at 6:05PM tonight. Walked off the West bound Island Line straight into the North bound Tsuen Wan train. ZERO waiting.
    I was there at 5.45pm, small queues, but I know at 6.30 onwards, it's rammed

Guys you can argue over it as much as you want...IT IS A MATTER OF TIME

TB can well take the tunnel in Central at 7.10 and it be empty,....if he were to take it at 8.45 he would have a totally different experience (he won't admit it though and that is what most posters on it do all the time - me too).

Same goes with Admiralty platform....

The problem on this website is that everyone is trying to be right....well guess what...you are right, for the time YOU take the MTR...but we don't all take it at the same time!!!!

Cho-man and emilyxyz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    .but we don't all take it at the same time!!!!
    Bus is Best!
    MTR sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Guys you can argue over it as much as you want...IT IS A MATTER OF TIME

TB can well take the tunnel in Central at 7.10 and it be empty,....if he were to take it at 8.45 he would have a totally different experience (he won't admit it though and that is what most posters on it do all the time - me too).

Same goes with Admiralty platform....
    Precisely.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    MTR planner usually about right.

The other thing you might want to look at is this site: hketransport.com

That will tell you all the possible routes between A and B, (except the flying coffins, which you just have to know) and timings on that usually OVER estimate the time.

Particularly for the buses that come every 20 mins, if you catch the same one a few times, then you get to know the timetable and can rock up at the bus stop 2 or 3 mins before it comes, rather than having to wait 20 mins. (or a 10 min "average"). It makes a big difference. I keep a spreadsheet of the ones I catch often.
    Or download the HKeTransport app.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast