Like Tree92Likes

MTR queue during rush hours

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    True. It has the advantage of not having to walk past the smell of Mrs Fields cookies either which always makes me hungry. OP is transferring to Island line though so not a good option for her.
    A busker or two would help the short walk feel less painful
    Cho-man and HK_Katherine like this.

As for taking the overground route, for me it depends on when in the year it is. If it's during the hot humid summer, as soon as you come out of the MTR station it's like a warm wet duvet slaps you full in the face. Nice if there's a small breeze in the evenings, but definitely not during the afternoons.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Cho-man likes this.

I was more keen on getting a place on the island to avoid stressing myself while commuting (I am very impatient). however, with the budget I have (15k) and the must-have criteria I need, I could hardly find any property for rent that meets my need. so, I had to tolerate the commuting in exchage for the must-haves

thanks everyone~ for all your valuable insight.

now I will do more research on rentals at different area

Quote Originally Posted by emilyxyz:
    I was more keen on getting a place on the island to avoid stressing myself while commuting (I am very impatient). however, with the budget I have (15k) and the must-have criteria I need, I could hardly find any property for rent that meets my need. so, I had to tolerate the commuting in exchage for the must-haves

thanks everyone~ for all your valuable insight.

now I will do more research on rentals at different area
    Or you could learn to be more patient and leave home earlier for the commute.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 08-03-2015 at 09:24 PM.
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Or you could learn to be more patient...or leave home earlier for the commute .
    hahaha .. tried but old habit die hard. am the typical impatient person that would smacks keyboard or CPU, press the remote many times, have road rage while driving, grunts when the train doesn't come on time, long queue, people cut Q, slow/lagging smartphone and etc. XD

the only solution that works is avoid the triggers

Or you could learn to be more patient and leave home earlier for the commute.
    Or live on a bus route
    bookblogger and Cho-man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Or live on a bus route
    buses would be less reliable in terms of punctuality right?

hahaha .. tried but old habit die hard. am the typical impatient person that would smacks keyboard or CPU, press the remote many times, have road rage while driving, grunts when the train doesn't come on time, long queue, people cut Q, slow/lagging smartphone and etc. XD

the only solution that works is avoid the triggers
    Oh man, this city will get on your nerves real quick if you are prone to those kind of outbursts. If you don't want a daily meltdown, maybe...um...you should reconsider moving to HK?
    bookblogger and Cwbguy like this.

Oh man, this city will get on your nerves real quick if you are prone to those kind of outbursts. If you don't want a daily meltdown, maybe...um...you should reconsider moving to HK?
    that's disappointing to hear I thought Hong Kong is all about fast paced and efficiency.
    my own country is probably worse :sly:

that's disappointing to hear I thought Hong Kong is all about fast paced and efficiency.
    my own country is probably worse :sly:
    It is fast paced and efficient in...certain areas. But not so much in other areas, so the city will pissed you off if you are prone to be so impatient and explosive in temper.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 08-03-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast