Just a few more questions ......

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A great discussion. It was very interesting learn about the uniqueness of HK tax system.

Here is my situation: I started working in HK from Feb'05 and I will be ending my assignment in Mar'05. Say hypothetically I will be earning HK$1,000,000/yr.

Can someone provide a complete breakdown on how/when/howmuch tax I will be paying. If I pay the "pre-emptive" tax as explained by previous mail - how/when I can claim my monies back since I won't be finishing my next year in HK....

thanks.

This might explain a few things.

http://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/pdf/pam39e.pdf

poor adZ! nobody's answering your other questions. ok, don't know about the rental property but the 3700 for bills is more than adequate i think--ours amount to about that and we're a family with fairly large apt. and the 20K for fun sounds fine i think, so long as you're not eating at fancy places all the time. good luck.

Cheers tex! and everyone else too ....
    It turns out that I was offered slightly better than the worst case scenario that I had predicted for myself, I guess I also have my bonus to fall back on if things go really pear shaped.
    I've agreed to the move in principal, waiting to meet HK HR regarding benefits and the like. Excited and worried all at the same time .... feels strange!

Quote Originally Posted by adZ:
    Excited and worried all at the same time .... feels strange!
    I know the feeling! Good luck.