Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Elegiaque
  • 1 Post By lingc
  • 1 Post By pkboy

Cling film/wrap

Closed Thread

Cling film/wrap

A real burning issue for everybody on a Wednesday - clingfilm (cling wrap in some parts).

I have tried pretty much every brand here and unless I buy imported stuff from the UK it doesn't actually cling. Is there a reason for this, something to do with humidity or something? Or is it made differently?

I now mainly use sandwich bags but I have a sandwich sitting on my desk now that is wrapped in clingfilm and it might as well not be wrapped up it is so loose.

Use the press and seal Saran Wrap and you will be fine

Stu79 likes this.

Well at least here you can get a proper cutter on it so you can rip it off as you need. Somehow people in the UK are not personally responsible enough to be trusted with foil and cling film cutting edges...

Stu79 and Claire ex-ax like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lingc:
    Use the press and seal Saran Wrap and you will be fine
    Doesn't cause me any issues, like I say I normally use sandwich bags. Just find it very curious why it won't cling here.

How are you wrapping? I prefer the Glad brand but currently using the SureBuy or whatever from ParkNShop and I use about 2.5x the length of the sandwich to wrap.

Wrap once to cover both front and back faces, tuck in the sides then complete the wrap, like a burrito, and it stays sealed.

shri likes this.