Airtickets?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mytimeoff:
    Hi,

We will be moving from UK to HK in dec 08. My husband will be travelling back to France quite often. Just wondering where do you book your airtickets from? Any recommendations/advice will be grateful.

Thanks.
    my sister - who lives in london - visits me every year. According to her, tickets from Air New Zealand Official Site - Hong Kong should be the cheapest economy tickets. Better then BA and Cathy in any case. Have a look at the site, you'll see for yourself.

Also keep in mind that often it's more expensive to fly from London to HK then HK to London (visiting london is for me cheaper then my sister visiting me in HK).
    Last edited by FilipH; 08-10-2008 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller:
    Strange! When I check HKG-FRA by TG in eco in October I get a rate of 20400 HK$ on Zuji, whereas flights.com.hk shows 6410 HK$.
    Now let's take all airlines:
    Zuji comes up with 1 flight under 10000 HK$: Aeroflot for 4840, next Cathay for 10531
    Flights.com.hk: between 4430 for Asiana Airlines and hitting the 10000 they have around 60 other offers of at least 15 other airlines.

Lotus Tours has some quite good offers too. TG in Q which was 6410 above, is 6570 with them. Their flights search website is a pain.
    Don't know what zuji you're looking at, but I get hundreds of fares in october that are below 10K, cheapest is Asiana. To clarify, what I meant with "if you want the cheapest fare" wasn't really "Zuji has cheaper fares than other websites" but "If you want particular flights (i.e. the 11:35pm CX to Frankfurt) then don't use Zuji".

But worse - apparently they started some zuji 2.0 in the last month, and the most useful feature was removed. Before, you could choose a fare and then check when it was available. Now, you have to try date after date.... sucks.

With flights.com.hk and ticket.hk I had again and again the same trouble - those cheap flights they say I can book in the end always turn out to be sold out. Like the estate agents with their "5K all fees included newly renovated newly appliances" listings on gohomo.com.hk....

Quote Originally Posted by FilipH:
    my sister - who lives in london - visits me every year. According to her, tickets from Air New Zealand Official Site - Hong Kong should be the cheapest economy tickets. Better then BA and Cathy in any case. Have a look at the site, you'll see for yourself.

Also keep in mind that often it's more expensive to fly from London to HK then HK to London (visiting london is for me cheaper then my sister visiting me in HK).
    I travel extensively and choose Cathay or Qantas usually, the only exception is London where I always tend to go for Air NZ. They are a really good airline, service is great, food is great, good entertainment and they are almost always cheapest. Also have an excellent premium economy product for not a huge sum extra. I'd fully endorse anyone to fly to London on AirNZ. I wish they flew more places than London and Auckland!!! (well, they do, but diverting via London or Auckland is a pain....)

Quote Originally Posted by mytimeoff:
    Hi,

We will be moving from UK to HK in dec 08. My husband will be travelling back to France quite often. Just wondering where do you book your airtickets from? Any recommendations/advice will be grateful.

Thanks.
    The last 3 times i went to France last year i took Air france cheaper than cathay. Direct flight and i was surprise to see the service improved a lot. I even saw a hostess smile Plus in Paris you ll arrive in termial 2 F or 2E a lot better than the 2A where cathay is.

I book the ticket on Airfrance website cheaper than travel agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuze:
    The last 3 times i went to France last year i took Air france cheaper than cathay. Direct flight and i was surprise to see the service improved a lot. I even saw a hostess smile Plus in Paris you ll arrive in termial 2 F or 2E a lot better than the 2A where cathay is.

I book the ticket on Airfrance website cheaper than travel agent.
    Haha thanks. I told my husband that flying airfrance is cheaper than cathy, and he refuses. He is french and insist that airfrance is the worse. But since u said their service has improve and the hostess even cracked a smile I may try to convince him, especially you said it is more convenient. Coz he needs to get into Paris (Gare Du Nord) for onward travel.

Comparing Cathy Pacific and Air France, is there a big difference. He's more concern about their entertainment system?? Which airline is better?

based on my experiance...Travel agent always cheaper than airline website. Many a times a i get flyer from airlines with cheapest price but when i calculate the total price after adding the surcharges and than call my travel agent. To my surprise, he is always cheaper. And in any case, if he is expensive, he always explains that the ticket offered by him is all inclusive and no hidden charges. Wheres as airline website offers comes with restriction such as fixed date, high fee for changing the booking etc.

So for me...so far tracvel agent has always offered me cheaper price.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely Man:
    based on my experiance...Travel agent always cheaper than airline website. Many a times a i get flyer from airlines with cheapest price but when i calculate the total price after adding the surcharges and than call my travel agent. To my surprise, he is always cheaper. And in any case, if he is expensive, he always explains that the ticket offered by him is all inclusive and no hidden charges. Wheres as airline website offers comes with restriction such as fixed date, high fee for changing the booking etc.

So for me...so far tracvel agent has always offered me cheaper price.
    This depends on the airline and the travel agent. For example, Cathay is almost always cheaper at a travel agent, while AirNZ is almost always cheaper on the website. I think different airlines have different policies regarding travel agent - once you get to know what they are, you know where to look for the best deals.