Like Tree103Likes

Who cares if your BBC?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    thank you for that. Very funny

I'm a CBC and just like si0001 and Jimbo it is just a matter of having a common ground. Especially if you are a new In town, you want to have someone to relate to or have someone to help you with understanding how things are done here.

It's not to say that they aren't interested in making new friends with other people either. So you shouldn't read too much into it.

shri and Open Casket like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lingc:
    I'm a CBC and just like si0001 and Jimbo it is just a matter of having a common ground. Especially if you are a new In town, you want to have someone to relate to or have someone to help you with understanding how things are done here.

It's not to say that they aren't interested in making new friends with other people either. So you shouldn't read too much into it.
    I get that. It's just that you don't see that kind of thing as often with other ethnicities.

I always find those threads strange
    Enderman and Skyhook like this.

It's also because we're racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    I get that. It's just that you don't see that kind of thing as often with other ethnicities.

I always find those threads strange
    Oh really??? U see that all the time. Maybe Taipo is different tho.

And perhaps also because there are tones of ABC. BBC. CBC in hk as opposed to say african american etc....

How about those Americans that still refer to themselves as Irish after 4 generations in the US?

I made a thread called the BBW meetup (British Born Whites meetup) as an experiment to see how the forum would tolerate it and the mods deleted it within about 2 minutes, I kid you not.

Quote Originally Posted by Enderman:
    I made a thread called the BBW meetup (British Born Whites meetup) as an experiment to see how the forum would tolerate it and the mods deleted it within about 2 minutes, I kid you not.
    Were they just trying to save your blushes, as no one wants to meet you?
    Enderman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    How about those Americans that still refer to themselves as Irish after 4 generations in the US?
    thats fine, and I understand being proud of one's heritage. But I have yet to see Irish American expats specifically seeking out other Irish Anericans when moving abroad

to be clear I don't think anyone is racist, I'm not that PC of a person. But I do think seeking out people to meet based on ethnicity could have a racist element to it.
    Last edited by Open Casket; 14-09-2015 at 03:02 PM.
    Enderman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    thats fine, and I understand being proud of one's heritage. But I have yet to see Irish American expats specifically seeking out other Irish Anericans when moving abroad

to to be clear
    ......and in HK what are the chances to have irish americans over BBC or ABC....way way way less irish americans here...it just is math really.

Oh no wait it is racism ...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast