Where to buy fishing Gear

Closed Thread

Where to buy fishing Gear

Do you know where to buy fishing gears? Any ideas?

There are least two stalls selling gear at the northern end of Apliu St in Sham Shui Po ( the Dragon centre end) - quite a range of telescopic rods as well as reels and accessories.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Google Po Kee fishing tackle hong kong. Bought a split cane fly rod, Hardy fly reel and a Mitchell spinning reel from Po Kee in Ocean Terminal on trips in late 70s early 80s. They had a lot of variety for visitors and locals. And have seen their shops in other locations in HK over the years since, even recently, but can't remember where.

No wait, found their online shop.
    Pokee Tackle - Supplier Of Quality Fishing Tackle Since 1933

Try this:

Po Kee Fishing Tackle Co. Ltd.
    1st Floor, 6 Hillier Street
    Sheung Wan, Hong Kong

Phone Numbers

Phone (+852) 2543-7541
    Fax (+852) 2541-5432

thanks...how about a place to fish?

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Can't help you much there (what I bought then was for brown trout back in the mountain streams of Kashmir). In HK I've seen people dangling rod and line (sometimes line only) in Stanley, Tai Tam Country Park (legal?), next to Fenwick and Wanchai Ferry piers, Sai Kung. Other places too, but none of it seemed too serious. Open sea on a boat may be more up your street. Ask the tackle shops, or google - as I did and came up with these:

Fishing in Hong Kong, China. Kowloon, Hong Kong Island, Lantau Island (may be dated)
    Water Supplies Department - Education and Community

a good spot is at the back of Park island, theres some good spots, caught a decent size there a few times and its quiet there too.

Hi eirrab

caould you tell me where i can buy fresh water equipment? my dad n i are flying in 2 weeks, it's our first time. i heard you get tackle for good prices!
    it would really help us shorten the searching time foe us

Quote Originally Posted by rinchen:
    Hi eirrab

caould you tell me where i can buy fresh water equipment? my dad n i are flying in 2 weeks, it's our first time. i heard you get tackle for good prices!
    Eirrabs last post was 3 years ago!

Anyway, the tip is good, Apliu Street..

Quote Originally Posted by rinchen:
    If you're anytime on HK island side, you might also check out 'Cheun Cheung Ho' at 34A Tung Hing Building, Main Street East in Shau Kei Wan (tel: 2560-1443, fax: 2567-9546)... a wee walk away from Shau Kei Wan MTR B2 Exit.

A friend I went with there says they've a good selection of gear (close up, I found the range of fly fishing stuff an eyeopener), and can also put you in contact with someone doing small boat outings/rentals.

Note: Not sure about 'good prices' though.

I go to this one in Mong kok
    海磯舍
    旺角 染布房街5號 白布街2號一樓14-15號舖
    5 Yim Po Fong Street, First floor,
    Price is ok...

Most of the store in Apliu Street is over price...!!!
    Only one store under the stairway got some great price, but only open 3 days week...

Last edited by highbeam; 24-09-2011 at 11:25 PM.