Like Tree200Likes

How Racist is HK?

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    I'm fully aware that Canada still needs to confront its racism. Nobody said there is none. Especially with regards to the situation of dealing with First Nations. Every time there's an article on the CBC talking of their struggles, the message boards quickly gets littered with vitriol and bigotry. Yet, it doesn't mean they're not successful at integrating migrants from third-world countries.
    Char Siu King likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    I'm fully aware that Canada still needs to confront its racism. Nobody said there is none. Especially with regards to the situation of dealing with First Nations. Every time there's an article on the CBC talking of their struggles, the message boards quickly gets littered with vitriol and bigotry. Yet, it doesn't mean they're not successful at integrating migrants from third-world countries.
    To me Canada feels much more segregated than the US. Just my point of view. Grew up in Toronto.
    civil_servant likes this.

As an immigrant to Canada, I can perfectly describe my situation.

When I came to Canada, I was put into an ESL program at my high school, which meant having classes parallel to the local kids. So instead of Grade 9 English, I had Grade 9 English ESL. The reading material was much lighter and the teacher made every effort to speak slower and to ensure that reading comprehension took place. This was done for all subjects that required reading comprehension, such as history, geography, and science, but for example in PE and Maths, I went straight in with the local kids. As my English improved, I was then slowly moved in with the local kids. First science, then geography and history, and at last English. ESL kids had an extra room that was there for them to get additional help resources. There was usually an ESL teacher on duty who was able to help with homework/reading/assignments. I transitioned through this program very quickly as I immigrated from German and had already received formal education in English. Nonetheless, this program was still helpful for me as it made the transition of joining local kids very smooth. Kids from third-world countries, ie Somalia, Eritrea, etc, usually stayed in the program for several years as they usually didn't have prior education in English. Canada does really well of integrating migrants from third world countries. Many of my friends in Toronto are of mixed marriages and many succeeded in climbing the social ladder within one single generation. Some of their parents have very poor English but their kid's English is exceptional. This is due to an exceptional ESL program.

In 2013, crime stats in Canada reached an all-time low, which put the crime rate at a level not seen since 1969. If third-world migration were such a horrible thing, Canada wouldn't rank top in the world in many social indicators, but it does.
    Let's review the situation in 5 years...I notice Trudeau the other day in a mosque blabbing on about diversity and how nice it was to 'see the sisters'...the women (yes, women) were segregated, having to watch proceedings from a balcony...the man is a crank and will oversee the same destructive and divisive policies that have caused so much damage in Europe and the USA...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF78GUNned0

The World would be so much better if:
    - Those Chinese could stay in China
    - Those Japanese could stay in Japan
    - Those Africans could stay in Africa (and in their won fucking country please!!!)
    - Those Middle Eastern could stay in the Middle East (and in their won fucking country please!!!)
    - Those Europeans could stay in Europe (and in their own Fucking country please!!!!)
    - Those Americans could stay in America
    - Those South Americans could stay in South America (and in their won fucking country please!!!)
    - Those Russians the same
    - Those Indians the same

Imagine, would be so good, no immigration issue, no assimilation issue, no wars no nothing...

Of course that would mean no frozen chapatis here cos people here wouldn't know what is a chapatis...which would not be an issue because no Indians would be living here anyway.

Btw, there is no fucking god of course and everyone is atheist...that helps also.

Last edited by Mat; 28-09-2016 at 10:54 AM.
    civil_servant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    Let's review the situation in 5 years...I notice Trudeau the other day in a mosque blabbing on about diversity and how nice it was to 'see the sisters'...the women (yes, women) were segregated, having to watch proceedings from a balcony...the man is a crank and will oversee the same destructive and divisive policies that have caused so much damage in Europe and the USA...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF78GUNned0
    I thought you wanted a Centrist. You can't get more Centrist than that guy. Why would you want him to speak up for those women? Do you want him to be a SJW?

I thought you wanted a Centrist. You can't get more Centrist than that guy. Why would you want him to speak up for those women? Do you want him to be a SJW?
    He is a poster child for the regressive left...it's a kind of cognitive dissonance...he's so desperate to appease Muslims that he fails to notice the segregation in front of his own eyes.

This is what we mean when we say 'regressive left'...it means the left will eat itself as it pushes tolerance of people are who are intolerant of liberal values...it's batshit crazy.

Valuing equality for women is a liberal value...it's got nothing to do with sexist and racist SJWs.
    Last edited by DirtyHairy; 28-09-2016 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    He is a poster child for the regressive left...it's a kind of cognitive dissonance...he's so desperate to appease Muslims that he fails to notice the segregation in front of his own eyes.

This is what we mean when we say 'regressive left'...it means the left will eat itself as it pushes tolerance of people are who are intolerant of liberal values...it's batshit crazy.

Valuing equality for women is a liberal value...it's got nothing to do with sexist and racist SJWs.
    The only thing batshit crazy is the idea of a regressive left. Sounds like you're just throwing that term at anyone who doesn't agree with your world view. He's not appeasing Muslims in any way here. He's visiting a mosque and promotes liberal values. He does the same in all corners of Canada. He does this by engaging communities and educating them in the values that represent Canada. I suggest you to read the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which is our constitution. There are fundamental freedoms that individuals enjoys.

(a) freedom of conscience and religion;
    (b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
    (c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
    (d) freedom of association

This means that those Muslims have the fundamental right to do whatever they want in their place of worship as long as they don't hold someone there against their free will and object them to their beliefs, as that would infringe on that person's right. Hence the prime minister has no right to bounce in there and infringe on their fundamental right either. Nonetheless, he goes in there, and talks about Canadian values to a close-minded community, to teach them about the values of Canada, namely that diversity is welcomed. He's telling them that intolerance is not acceptable in Canada, which is a liberal value. He uses PC language to not sow discord as he'd never be invited back, which would be counter-productive as he'd gladly go back to teach liberal lesson #2. You need to understand that those people can only take one little lesson at a time.

The only thing batshit crazy is the idea of a regressive left. Sounds like you're just throwing that term at anyone who doesn't agree with your world view. He's not appeasing Muslims in any way here. He's visiting a mosque and promotes liberal values. He does the same in all corners of Canada. He does this by engaging communities and educating them in the values that represent Canada. I suggest you to read the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which is our constitution. There are fundamental freedoms that individuals enjoys.

(a) freedom of conscience and religion;
    (b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
    (c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
    (d) freedom of association

This means that those Muslims have the fundamental right to do whatever they want in their place of worship as long as they don't hold someone there against their free will and object them to their beliefs, as that would infringe on that person's right. Hence the prime minister has no right to bounce in there and infringe on their fundamental right either. Nonetheless, he goes in there, and talks about Canadian values to a close-minded community, to teach them about the values of Canada, namely that diversity is welcomed. He's telling them that intolerance is not acceptable in Canada, which is a liberal value. He uses PC language to not sow discord as he'd never be invited back, which would be counter-productive as he'd gladly go back to teach liberal lesson #2. You need to understand that those people can only take one little lesson at a time.
    You should realise you're preaching to the converted there, whatever-name-he-is-using-this-time is a liberal with many Muslim friends

Warning: Contains strong language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqE5RG86zo

Last edited by civil_servant; 30-09-2016 at 11:59 AM.
    jayinhongkong likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast