Starting up a Business

Closed Thread

Starting up a Business

Hello,

My girlfriend, baby and I are moving to Hong Kong in a few months from now. My girlfriend is being sponsored and I intend to do my own thing work permit wise.

I am considering starting up my own business importing boats and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I would be able to obtain a work permit if I set up my own business?

Thank you

Vague

You can set up a business and then get a bussiness visa for a year and then after extend it. However normally they want to see your running bussiness before they give you the visa. But check up they chnage the rules every five seconds.

Tourist visa

Hi,

Thank you for your input. Is it your understanding that I can set up a business whilst in HKG on a tourist visa? Once this is up and running then I apply for the work permit?

Should I contact an immigration lawyer or is it simple enough to do without legal assistance?

Well, you can get a business visa if you show a business plan, experience in running a business and financial backing. Its sort of important to show that you can make money and you'll use that to employ locals.

Once again (second time today) if you're genuine about starting a business, drop the guys at investhk a line ( www.investhk.gov.hk ). They can help validate your plan.

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you for the contact info. I'll send them an e-mail and take it from there.