Its June, that means Lychee and Dog meat in China

Closed Thread

Its June, that means Lychee and Dog meat in China

Its June and I have had my third bag of Lychees, but it also means there is a Dog meat Festival in China just around the corner, the Yulin Lychee & Dog Meat festival.

I used to own a dog (I didn't eat it, it died of natural causes and a buried it), but I also eat all kinds of meat available to me. I have also never eaten dog meat.

Will you eat dog meat if it is available to you and it is not illegal (and assuming you are not a vegetarian) and why? Also what do you think of others that eat dog meat?

Please don't be angry, this is a discussion. I feel the answer shows a lot about a person's logic, culture, passion and other things...I'm just interested....

So for you it's a taste/texture issue issue!

Also, congratulations on your 39 years and five days of marriage, I wish you at least another 39 years and five days of happy marriage!!!

I quite like the bitter taste of tea, when I was young my folks tried to cook something, savoury, sweet, sour and bitter. If there is no bitter then there will be, 'fu cha' or 'longjing tea'. But alas, never any dog meat.

Love the Lychee season and buy in bulk, shell, deseed and freeze. However, it also is the season for pet dumping. Not just for dogs, but cats, kittens, snakes, hamsters, birds, you name it whatever someone has kept as as 'pet' that has become inconvenient when people relocate ( poor financial planners if they have not written in the idea of moving their pet if or when they relocate...).