Like Tree6Likes

Traffic Delays - Pres Xi Visit

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Looking at Google maps traffic, I don't sense any disturbance. Traffic is less than usual.
    You see his Excellency has not only brought stable markets, blue skies and a chicken in every pot, he has also managed to solve the Alphard problem as well! What a mighty, fearless and all powerful leader he is!
    shri and Stu79 like this.

Must be frightening there given the city is in lockdown

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nces?CMP=fb_gu

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Looking at Google maps traffic, I don't sense any disturbance. Traffic is less than usual.
    Not the case on Waze - you can also most sense where his excellency by looking at the ever growing red line around Wanchai.

Name:  Screenshot_20170629-154017.png
Views: 248
Size:  468.2 KB
    TheBrit likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    But to be honest... if you've seen Allan Zeman drive around town, traffic slows the f' down to get out of his way and let him pass. So its sort of understandable when Xi President with 20 titles comes into town.

Hearing quite a few helicopters overhead as I sit in my office in Central.

Wanchai in lockdown mode...

About 300 two-ton barricades fence in the two hotels near HKCEC, with giant water-filled barriers erected around Central Plaza which is in the same area.

Special traffic and transport arrangements are implemented in phases on Hong Kong Island and in Kowloon. A total of 90 bus routes and 14 green minibus routes operating in the affected areas will be temporarily diverted. Some of the bus routes terminating at Wan Chai North will be operated from Gloucester Road service road.

Main streets in Wan Chai including Expo Drive, sections of Fenwick Pier street, Fleming Road, Tonnochy Road and Harbour Road, are temporarily closed to all vehicular traffic from 12:01 a.m. on June 29 to 12 noon on July 1.
    Wan Chai on partial lockdown for Xi Jinping’s visit

Classic ..

Unfortunately, Waze had plenty of updates about blocked traffic.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2017/06/3...s-malfunction/