Like Tree6Likes

Traffic Delays - Pres Xi Visit

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Traffic Delays - Pres Xi Visit

So I fly out of HK airport Thursday at 2pm, same day Xi arrives.
    Anyone have an idea if the airport and all the roads to the airport will be affected by the Xi visit?
    I can not find a time for his flight (if they ever do say these things) only that he has a dinner that evening.

Planing to leave an extra hour earlier than usual for a cushion. Think this is enoiugh time?

If you can take the MTR then it should be fine.

Otherwise it depends on where you are leaving from. If it is anywhere near the Convention Centre then I would factor in 2-3 hours extra, ie leave at 10am.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    If you can take the MTR then it should be fine.

Otherwise it depends on where you are leaving from. If it is anywhere near the Convention Centre then I would factor in 2-3 hours extra, ie leave at 10am.
    I guess the only risk would be an over-reaction to some protest or the other. But I doubt there will be one at the airport as he will almost certainly not be seen be the averge member of the public on arrival.

I'll be leaving from southside. So usually hire a van to take the western tunnel to airport.
    Considered the Airport express but worried that traffic will be more snarled than usual in Central.

I would take the MTR.

Been hearing helicopters passing by at home. More than the usual. Or maybe airplanes flying low.

Last edited by blackwings; 28-06-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Just landed around 12ish. Hope OP was well on his/her way to the airport by then!

Xi has landed.
    All checked in smoothly with new delays. May be different now as he makes his way into town.
    Name:  IMG_4561.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  1.03 MB

shri and Cheeky Kiwi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    Xi has landed.
    All checked in smoothly with new delays. May be different now as he makes his way into town.
    So just in time to hold up all the lunchtime crowds on his route into town.

Looking at Google maps traffic, I don't sense any disturbance. Traffic is less than usual.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast