Another Work permit question

Closed Thread

Another Work permit question

Hi everyone.
    I need some advice. I have a job interview at the start of next month in Hong Kong. The problem is I’m an Irish citizen and I seem to be caught in the work permit catch 22, the company has to have an interview to see if I’m rite but I have to go to Hong Kong to get the interview, this will mean entering the region without a sponsor for my work permit.

My question is should I start the application process for the work permit before arriving in Hong Kong? If I don’t get this job I plan to holiday there for two or three months and then come back to Europe.

All advice is be deeply appreciated.

You can't start the application process without securing a job offer first. On the other hand, you can still enter HK as a tourist for the interview. There is no problem with that

No problem, enter on tourist visa, attend interview.
    see other posts here about the process for getting work visa.

The company can organize your visa while you are in Hong Kong and should be able to fix up your stay.

Thanks for the quick response and the advice guys,
    I just have one more question. While waiting for the work visa I presume I can’t work for the company can I?

Quote Originally Posted by DNY:
    Thanks for the quick response and the advice guys,
    I just have one more question. While waiting for the work visa I presume I can’t work for the company can I?
    I'll let you guess the obvious

yea I know!!!

thanks kostas