Like Tree65Likes

Divorce lawyer for conservative Christians

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by angeluscomplex:
    Cafeteria religion and Sunday Christians.
    Either you are not a Christian and are being a troll or you are a Christian and are pushing your hardline beliefs without compassion. Either way is not helpful.

I am a devout Christian and handle divorce cases.
    However, I do not see how Christianity would make a difference in divorce proceedings.
    In my experience, when the divorce is contested it is usually about money (split of assets/maintenance), children or a mixture of both. It is a lawyer's job to get the best "deal" for the client, without dirty tactics. Afterall, a lawyer's first duty is actually to the Court and not to the client. Christianity or whatever religion should not affect a good lawyer's professionalism.
    Likewise, when I handle criminal cases my personal beliefs shouldnt come in the way of handling a client's defence to the best of my professional ability.
    Anyhow back to divorce, most contested proceedings also end up being settled by mediation. I suppose a difference could be the lawyer suggesting a christian background mediator to help.

If you need my contact, pm me!

shri, chuckster007 and jgl like this.

What does the OP mean by "her church doesn't allow her to divorce?". Why? Is the church their absolute law and order keeper? Sorry,one totally clueless human here. I thought I was old and wise with a deep understanding of the world lol (sarcasm of course) . Apparently- I am not.

Some deeply religious people do not want to go against the teachings of their church. Some churches that do not liberally permit divorce and remarriage DO allow it in the case of adultery. So the OP may want adultery, for example, as the grounds for divorce or somehow officially stated in the divorce documents. The Wiki entry, while not perfect, has some examples:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_divorce

Original Post Deleted
    troll or dimwit.
    Golem likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lkca:
    troll or dimwit.
    Who has been here 13 years longer than you, and not banned. Who is the dimwit/religious bigot?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5