Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Noise cancelling windows e.g. double glazing thread (2018)

Kiz

I think they are called universal window company(not sure) where we got ours. Seem to be good I have no complaints. In wan chai. The lady is called Jo I spoke to. If she is still there her number is 6475 2363.

Quote Originally Posted by mikaelm
    1)
    East_coast, are you aware of any professionals who could mount secondary glazing?
    You need to get off the internet and go and talk to some glazing shops. Lockhart Road in Wanchai if you're on the island.

Also you should check with the building you live in IF you are allowed to changed the outlook of the windows. You may not be allowed to.

Make sure you take plenty of pictures and don't take 'no way laaa' as no. It just means it is too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    Make sure you take plenty of pictures and don't take 'no way laaa' as no. It just means it is too much trouble.
    Please mention also the other 'side'. A no problem isn't necessarily a yes.

Wanchai is a good starting point, next step would be Price Edwards area.

Or look even much further north...

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=562614431544
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    Please mention also the other 'side'. A no problem isn't necessarily a yes.
    Far from yes

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast

Interesting
    That was one random link without much investigation. You may look a bit more around, and limit the seller area to nearby. It's not a RMB 20 item and would certainly go there and have a look.

To install windows is quite easy. Some wall anker (they hold well, luckily everything is concrete here) and the rest is hard foam.

I had previously ordered mine from China (under a German brand). When I saw the quality I dumped the downpayment and ordered in Germany.

You just need to visit a few shops in Wan Chai, Mong Kok, or North Point. They will show you the different frames they sell (which will generally be the same). Most shops are happy to come do a free measure and give you a quotation. For me the work took 2 days for around 1000ft flat.

The below company has a shop in Wanchai and Mongkok.

Contact with Man Chong - Man Chong Windows and Doors | Aluminium Doors and Windows, Anti-Mosquito Screens, Sun Glass House, Wood Cladding Aluminum Doors and Windows, Intelligent Sliding Sunroof, Open Skylights, Roller Shutter, Shower Screen

The can do laminate double glazing up to 44mm

So
    Glass 4mm
    PVB 0.5
    Glass 4mm
    Air 29.5
    Glass 6mm

That should give a reasonable result for sound proofing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2