Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hullexile

Enter HK with emergency travel document?

Closed Thread

Enter HK with emergency travel document?

sir/madam... i will be having my vacation on feb 16 to 24..but, unfortunately i lost my passport with a valid visa until oct 5,. can i still go and re enter again here in hong kong if i only have an emergency travel letter/document from my employer and consulate due to my passport will be replace after 15 working days.? thank you.. hoping for a nice answer..

Quote Originally Posted by chriz xxxx:
    sir/madam... i will be having my vacation on feb 16 to 24..but, unfortunately i lost my passport with a valid visa until oct 5,. can i still go and re enter again here in hong kong if i only have an emergency travel letter/document from my employer and consulate due to my passport will be replace after 15 working days.? thank you.. hoping for a nice answer..
    It is 40 years since I travelled on an emergency document but then it only allowed one journey back to my home country not a return trip.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

If you have a Hong Kong ID card which allows you to use the electronic gates, the HK part of your journey is not a problem as you never need to show your passport. The other end is another matter, as emergency travel documents only allow travel to home country (generally). If you are a DH who has to show a passport on entering and leaving HK, it may be more of an issue. Presumably you have a photo or similar of your lost passport/visa? (I always take a photo of important documents like this, the minute I get them, for this kind of purpose). That might help. Frankly, safer to just stay put until you get your new passport.

Depends on the nationality. Assuming your are filipino, found this statement in the philipine consul website “ A travel document is allowed only for applicants who cannot be issued a Philippine passport and have an emergency travel to the Philippines such as due to medical or legal reasons or death in the family.

It is valid for 30 days from issuance and can only be used one-way to the Philippines. In order for you to leave the Philippines, you will need to apply for a new passport.”

So its one way only. You need a new passport and tranfer the HK visa to your new passport. Would tecommend to postpone the trip, till you get your new passport and transferred visa to new passport.