Like Tree27Likes

European antiques are there any in Hong Kong ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Original Post Deleted
    Hmm, perhaps. But this got my attention:

"HK residents who should be worldly and affluent seems to Fail to understand the aesthetic and nurturing empowerment that European antiques in an interior can bestow upon the owners"

Antiquesdesign likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon Goon:
    Hmm, perhaps. But this got my attention:

"HK residents who should be worldly and affluent seems to Fail to understand the aesthetic and nurturing empowerment that European antiques in an interior can bestow upon the owners"

Yes smacked of Bougainville for those who remember him

OP

Check these guys out: Home | 2ND Chance

They have a fine selection of both Asian and European furniture and other pieces.

While I respect European antiques, I'd be going Chinese, Indian and Southeast Asian if I had the money! Just because you think something is the epitome of whatever, it doesn't mean everyone else will!

chingleutsch likes this.

To be fair, the Mainland Chinese do love their faux European style stuff, like The Venetian, the Parisian, the fake British town in China etc.

z754103 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    To be fair, the Mainland Chinese do love their faux European style stuff, like The Venetian, the Parisian, the fake British town in China etc.
    You can find all that and more in Shunde.... reproductions and high quality.

European antiques are there any in Hong Kong ?
    Well I nearly am a candidate(Cornish born and bred, been here 40 years). Will I do?

Some of us know some very particular things about China. I wonder what other kinds of information we know?

I'm not an expert on this matter, but antiques aren't a big thing in HK. HK people tend to have smaller homes so they don't have space to display the antiques. HKers also tend to have disposable incomes so they can afford the latest and greatest. Also, there are lots of reproductions from the Mainland that can be had for cheap, so even less incentive to buy real antiques.

European antiques must be even more niche than Chinese antiques I guess.