Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
Like Tree80Likes

What would be considered a "very good" salary in HK?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    It was
    You're right! Damn school holidays

The thought of $150K a year on holidays as a couple is just astonishing. First class tickets? Private island? I mean...I'm not a cheapskate but my imagination can't take me that far honestly.
    Franky1 likes this.

I earn around 90k... family of four.

We live in a 700sqft village house with a small garden in a fairly quiet village and have free parking, rent 10k... we could afford more but choose not to. I am the only one who is used to bigger houses.

We run a big family car (Nissan Elgrand).

We want for nothing...it never feels tight... obviously, we don't eat in the posh restaurants or fly first class...but we feel very comfortable and blessed and enjoy a great lifestyle...if we didn't have kids, man, I would feel rich...

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    You're right! Damn school holidays

The thought of $150K a year on holidays as a couple is just astonishing. First class tickets? Private island? I mean...I'm not a cheapskate but my imagination can't take me that far honestly.
    150k would not be hard to spend for sure, but to assume that we all need to spend that type of money on a holiday demonstrates the level of pomposity by our esteemed resident tai tai.

Yet, no one queries what the OP does for a living and whether he’s qualified for such salary! Lol

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    It's plenty - more than plenty. Ignore M & M her advice is normally wrong and she lives on another planet. Recently she said anyone who earns only HKD100k in Hong Kong is poor - the figures posted by East Coast earlier show what tripe that is.
    I'll second that. My total family income is well under 100K. Own my own flat here (well technically the bank does until we finish the mortgage), have a car and 1 kid at school. Holiday once a year every other year back to UK to see relatives, easily done by avoiding 5 star places, while still being comfortable.
    Kowloon Goon and z754103 like this.

OP - to be more constructive. I earn around what you're looking for, although I'm married with a working spouse and children so our household income and outgoings are higher. But if I were here on my own I'd spend no more than $25K a month on housing. I know some colleagues who are single earning similar, they live either in Wan Chai, Kennedy Town, Olympic (working in Central) in modern buildings with facilities.

rathunt likes this.

folks!!! 80k to 90k per month or per annum ?

ppl are talking about per month. salary discussions are typically based on monthly calculations... please take note and remember for your next geoexpat quiz. thank you.

chuckster007 likes this.

If there are other buildings in Kowloon tong, like parc oasis that you mentioned, that would be worth looking at, would appreciate knowing. want something nice. thank you. you have been helpfu

Better to start a new thread

I think we're done with the salary bit ...

I'll try and split this thread up.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5