Whats the chances of an Aussie girl meeting a nice expat...

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    There are some rather insulting and ignorant generalisations in here:

You can't have a deep and meaningful conversation with a woman in her 20s. Why? Are they stupid or something?

You can't show off a 20 something in case they open their mouth. Why are all 20 somethings stupid or something?

Only cash keeps them interested - really? You know this for a fact?

I suggest you come and say some of things directly to my wife's face.

Oh and DHs are not educated - I suggest you check out some of their qualifications.
    Some DH have degrees, others have nothing. Some 20 years olds are stupid, others not just like 50 year olds and I don't believe you get more intelligent as you age...if you're stupid at 20 chances are you'll be almost as stupid when you're 50.

As to 50 year olds with 20 year olds looking ridiculous, that only depends in whose eyes... perhaps the ones of 50 year old women without a mate or afraid of losing theirs?

If they both find what they need in the arrangement/relationship then what's wrong about it?

There are some rather insulting and ignorant generalisations in here:

You can't have a deep and meaningful conversation with a woman in her 20s. Why? Are they stupid or something?

You can't show off a 20 something in case they open their mouth. Why are all 20 somethings stupid or something?

Only cash keeps them interested - really? You know this for a fact?

I suggest you come and say some of things directly to my wife's face.

Oh and DHs are not educated - I suggest you check out some of their qualifications.
    Hey Hull, I am sure glad you showed up. I was wondering where you were!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    I'll answer my quote from earlier.

What would a middle aged guy have in common with a twenty something gf? He would of lived a lot whereas a girl in her twenties would just be starting out in life and won't have the life experiences of the middle aged guy.

You can't have a deep and meaningful conversation with somebody that doesn't understand what you've been through etc all they can do is smile and nod. Not exactly what I'd call deep and meaningful now is it?
    Total bollox jimbo. So you can only have deep and meaningful discussion with someone of the same age who has been through the same things as you? Why? I am quite capable of having a deep conversation about my wife's city being destroyed by a volcano and the impact on her family, although I have never been in such as situation. She is quite capable of discussing events in my life, past and current, in an intelligent way - though not football unfortunately.

As I said you are talking absolute bollox based on ignorance

I'm going to side with Jimbo. My god, as a 20 year old i was a complete nutcase and though I had travelled a lot and already lived more than most 40 year olds I can't see what I would have had to offer a 40 or 50 year old that a 30 year old couldn't have bettered, save for a perter bottom etc.

There are always going to be exceptions to every rule but generally if a 20 year old is going out with a 50 year old it's not going to be for the same reasons two 30 year olds would hook up for. Most will be looking for a better or different life. Some will be looking for daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by shilo507:
    Hey Hull, I am sure glad you showed up. I was wondering where you were!
    Just had my balls cut on wife's orders - so I am not in the mood for insulting, ignorant and I would suspect racist comments. (Would you say the same about 20 something western women I wonder?)

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    I'm going to side with Jimbo. My god, as a 20 year old i was a complete nutcase and though I had travelled a lot and already lived more than most 40 year olds I can't see what I would have had to offer a 40 or 50 year old that a 30 year old couldn't have bettered, save for a perter bottom etc.

There are always going to be exceptions to every rule but generally if a 20 year old is going out with a 50 year old it's not going to be for the same reasons two 30 year olds would hook up for. Most will be looking for a better or different life. Some will be looking for daddy.
    This is a totally personal opinion based on no experience. Just because you were a complete nutcase does not make all 20 somethings nutcases. Many south east asian girls have to grow up very fast and mature before their time. They are not so pampered and protected.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    I'm going to side with Jimbo. My god, as a 20 year old i was a complete nutcase
    Was?

Total bollox jimbo. So you can only have deep and meaningful discussion with someone of the same age who has been through the same things as you? Why? I am quite capable of having a deep conversation about my wife's city being destroyed by a volcano and the impact on her family, although I have never been in such as situation. She is quite capable of discussing events in my life, past and current, in an intelligent way - though not football unfortunately.
    I never mentioned somebody of the same age for only having deep and meaningful conversations, I was talking about 20 plus year age gaps, 10 year age gaps obviously I don't have an issue with as she would of had a decent amount of life experience to be able to discuss personal and career issues etc.

I never mentioned somebody of the same age for only having deep and meaningful conversations, I was talking about 20 plus year age gaps, 10 year age gaps obviously I don't have an issue with as she would of had a decent amount of life experience to be able to discuss personal and career issues etc.
    I don't know. When I was 20, that 10 year gap seemed pretty significant.

That just stupid it's not about the age but how people are ! Some 40 years old are lot less mature than some 20 years old.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast