Whats the chances of an Aussie girl meeting a nice expat...

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
  1. #71

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southside
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchDrinker:
    As for how incredibly qualified DHs are - I'm sorry but I'm just getting sick and tired of this argument. Put it this way, if some guy comes onto Geo and asks about job prospects in HK (for example), and mentions that he's got a degree from the Bolton Uni, you're hardly gonna exclaim "gee, look how qualified this guy is!" True, from my personal knowledge some DHs are trained nurses, and I know one who's got an accounting degree - but the truth remains, just because someone's got "qualifications" doesn't mean he/ she is "qualified". Back in the UK, almost every scumbag can get "qualifications".
    This is true. Our helper has a college degree as does her sister. When I commented and asked wouldn't she rather be doing something with her degree she laughed and said it's no big deal, they kind of hand them out to anyone who can pay to attend.

  2. #72

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    30,190
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchDrinker:
    As for how incredibly qualified DHs are - I'm sorry but I'm just getting sick and tired of this argument. Put it this way, if some guy comes onto Geo and asks about job prospects in HK (for example), and mentions that he's got a degree from the Bolton Uni, you're hardly gonna exclaim "gee, look how qualified this guy is!" True, from my personal knowledge some DHs are trained nurses, and I know one who's got an accounting degree - but the truth remains, just because someone's got "qualifications" doesn't mean he/ she is "qualified". Back in the UK, almost every scumbag can get "qualifications".
    I don't think anyone mentioned "qualified" so I have no idea what you are going on about to be honest. The point I was making was that they are generally far from uneducated which is a fact.

  3. #73

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,436
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The point I was making was that they are generally far from uneducated which is a fact.
    Can't disagree with that BUT you have to admit that a lot are also uneducated.

  4. #74

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    30,190
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Can't disagree with that BUT you have to admit that a lot are also uneducated.
    I guess it depends how you define that really. I have no idea what the actual figures are.

  5. #75

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    Posts
    2,077
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    This is true. Our helper has a college degree as does her sister. When I commented and asked wouldn't she rather be doing something with her degree she laughed and said it's no big deal, they kind of hand them out to anyone who can pay to attend.
    That's being rather presumptuous! No reason to criticize their education system!

  6. #76

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dirty NorthPoint
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    Well of course there is the much ignored fact that women hit their sexual peak at 35 whereas it's all downhill for guys after 19. A sobering thought for all the middle aged guys thinking about getting it on in Wan Chai tonight...
    I'd like to disagree with this, and actually vouch for the opposite.

    From a biological perspective, yes, you can say women Peak and mature sexually at 35, while we men get fully ripe by about age 19. But you can't say it starts going downhill after 19...we probably plateau and remain horn dogs for 20-30 more years until the "tools" start rusting.

    But when it comes to what really counts, our value or appeal to the opposite sex, the opposite is true. For guys, after age 19, our worth increases until the 30s/40s as we accumulate knowledge, experience, wealth, stability, etc. On the other hand, for girls, their value peaks at the tender ages of 18-28, and then it starts to depreciate...

  7. #77

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    30,190
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    This is true. Our helper has a college degree as does her sister. When I commented and asked wouldn't she rather be doing something with her degree she laughed and said it's no big deal, they kind of hand them out to anyone who can pay to attend.
    The truth is there are not enough jobs in the Phils even if you have a degree and even if you get a job the pay would be less than a DH. A teacher in Phils will earn less than HKD 2,000 per month. No they don't hand them out, they have to work. Many of the degrees are of suspect quality I admit. You could say the same about UK degrees where 90% plus pass, I guess it's the same in USA and Oz.

  8. #78

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    30,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojak83:
    I'd like to disagree with this, and actually vouch for the opposite.

    From a biological perspective, yes, you can say women Peak and mature sexually at 35, while we men get fully ripe by about age 19. But you can't say it starts going downhill after 19...we probably plateau and remain horn dogs for 20-30 more years until the "tools" start rusting.

    But when it comes to what really counts, our value or appeal to the opposite sex, the opposite is true. For guys, after age 19, our worth increases until the 30s/40s as we accumulate knowledge, experience, wealth, stability, etc. On the other hand, for girls, their value peaks at the tender ages of 18-28, and then it starts to depreciate...
    Oi the tools aren't rusting yet (19 plus 30 = 49). I used to tell my wife that Charlie Chaplin had a kid when he was 82, I think it was at that point she recommended the snip

  9. #79

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dirty NorthPoint
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Oi the tools aren't rusting yet (19 plus 30 = 49). I used to tell my wife that Charlie Chaplin had a kid when he was 82, I think it was at that point she recommended the snip
    Haha, my mistake Hulle, should be *60-70 years*

  10. #80

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,905

    And exactly who is to say what generates love for another person? Maybe I fall in love because someone has huge boobs, maybe I fall in love because someone has a nice smile, maybe I fall in love because someone is kind, maybe I fall in love because someone takes care of me well, maybe I fall in love because she is a demon in bed...Maybe because she challenges me intellectually or physically. Who cares frankly if it works...

    Trying to judge other people's motivation, values or emotions by our own is extremely egocentric...

    Case and point with one of my friend who married a very attractive, professional lady who is way richer and more successful than him and quite a bit younger. He is quite overweight, not the swiftest guy around but he has a heart of gold and she certainly seems to love him.

    I would never in a million years have a relationship a DH, someone from a poor country, someone uneducated, a smoker or drinker and I've never really been interested in women way younger than me although I don't reject the idea out of hand. That's my decision according to my values and I don't see why I should look down my nose at people making different choices...We all fart out of the same orifice and we'll all end up the same way... Dust to dust! Just because you might not find happiness a certain way, it doesn't mean other people can't...


Closed Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast