Like Tree104Likes

Compare England and Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    Doesn't change anything... I prefer westernised Chinese food... actually, let me be specific: Hong Kong food is garbage... I liked Beijing...

To add, I'm sure there are many fine dining options in HK... I'm talking about normal day to day options with family...
    also just like some 'westernised' chinese takeaway may have 'radioactive' fluorescent red sweet and sour sauce and fried hard 'like hell' sweet and sour chicken balls that they can actually crack windows if throw.

chinese HK food here is like that, like takeaway chinese in UK, you have some dodgy ones and you have also some really decent ones as well

Hong Kong's leader is hot, England's just so-so.

Last edited by civil_servant; 05-10-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    Fair enough that you prefer it but it would be the equivalent of saying Hong Kong has better italian food that Italy because I like HK style pasta drowned in tomato sauce (I don't).

Whilst yes it would be my opinion and I'm well within my rights to express it, it is still clearly a ridiculous statement.
    What is wrong with people? I didn't say Chinese food is better in England, I said food is better in England... and that I prefer westernised Chinese food.

Don't get triggered.
    Skyhook likes this.

What is wrong with people? I didn't say Chinese food is better in England, I said food is better in England... and that I prefer westernised Chinese food.

Don't get triggered.
    This is literally what you said:

England wins on food, including Chinese food.

This is of course all totally subjective and depends on many factors which can vary over time depending on the experiences that day. Should be treated as an enjoyable fun discussion, not a heated debate.

SpeakCantonese and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Hong Kong's leader is hot, England's just so-so.
    Please make an appointment asap.

亮視點
    East_coast and Michael Tsang like this.

i bet every here agree with one thing, Greggs is awesome, they could be UK biggest food export (IMO), shame, nothing like it in HK

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    i bet every here agree with one thing, Greggs is awesome, they could be UK biggest food export (IMO), shame, nothing like it in HK
    I have a big craving for sausage rolls
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I have a big craving for sausage rolls
    In which case you really need to get to Mushroom bakery in Sai Kung. I guarantee it is the nearest you will get to a British sausage roll and bread and other things for that matter (sometimes scotch eggs)

I know a lot of you don’t like the real HK and get nervous north or east of Mong Kok so
    I am prepared to be held to this - I’m travelling until 20th Oct but if someone reminds me after that I will buy up the tray (usually around 20) and bring them into Central/Admiralty for a lunchtime meat. I’ll buy the sausage rolls. Someone can buy me a beer.
    imparanoic and Drunken Master like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Please make an appointment asap.

亮視點
    Oh sorry, I didn't know you have the hots for Theresa. To each his own I guess.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast