Like Tree104Likes

Compare England and Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ren32:
    OK, maybe I worded it wrong then

I meant that my main reason for preferring Hong Kong was that many people in UK whinge a lot and Hong Kong people don't seem to.Only some people in these forums and In this thread appear to be dissatisfied with things here.
    True, I have never heard HKers whinging about mainlanders.
    SpeakCantonese likes this.

Hong kongers dont whinge? A 2-min Mtr delay can cause ruckus. What about those 7000 plus protests each year?

SpeakCantonese and MerMer like this.

I’ll admit to a massive whinge this morning. Big ATM queue as one of the 3 machines had no cash. If I said 10 minutes to get to the front I would not be exaggerating. So the woman in front of me gets to the ATM, spends a minute finding her card, time looking for her pin in the phone, then enters the wrong pin, spends time in the phone again before entering the correct number. I defy anyone of any nationality not to have a whinge.

Women’s nationality? Yep you guessed it.

Australian!

I passed a ‘gentle’ comment to her offering my congratulations once she’d finished

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I’ll admit to a massive whinge this morning. Big ATM queue as one of the 3 machines had no cash. If I said 10 minutes to get to the front I would not be exaggerating. So the woman in front of me gets to the ATM, spends a minute finding her card, time looking for her pin in the phone, then enters the wrong pin, spends time in the phone again before entering the correct number. I defy anyone of any nationality not to have a whinge.

Women’s nationality? Yep you guessed it.

Australian!

I passed a ‘gentle’ comment to her offering my congratulations once she’d finished
    Not whingeworthy at all. Why would you ruin your own Saturday? You probably whinged longer than waiting in line.

I think one of the biggest advantages of Hong Kong that has only been mentioned in passing is having a domestic helper. In addition to help around the house, having fresh healthy home cooked food without having to do the marketing, cutting, cooking, and washing up is fantastic. Much better than buying supermarket meals or take-aways on work days.

This thread reminds me of a recent episode of Kitchen Nightmares. Yeah, that's right. Burgers in Hong Kong do not taste as good. Plus, Hong Kong is boring to live in. *ahem* I smell insecurity

https://youtu.be/WcScZc4oBFk?t=134

hk is much cheaper in everyday life except getting an apartment of course!

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaFleming:
    hk is much cheaper in everyday life except getting an apartment of course!
    Much cheaper than where?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast