Like Tree13Likes

Hiring a taxi Vs GoGo Van : cheaper alternative

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hiring a taxi Vs GoGo Van : cheaper alternative

Hi all,

I went on to dig as far as 2016's posts with the topic mentioned above, before making one here, searching for issues I have now but couldn't find a similar case.

I'll be moving from Sai Ying Pun to Tai Po. Never used the much heard of GoGo Van services. I want(ed) to hire a taxi by the roadside but I've heard that GoGo is a lot cheaper. All I am taking with me is, one big luggage and a humongous backpack - both of which are too heavy for me to handle alone (otherwise, would have opted to go by MTR ).

Or, might it sound too silly to say I want to hire GoGo? Because like I said , my "property" will be just a very heavy luggage and a backpack. I've seen here that people hire them for "family" relocation that means a lot of stuff with them. But mine?

Which one would be cheaper of the two?

Some inputs please! Thank you very much.

Last edited by hannah01; 17-04-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    Oh, really? How naive of me.

I work for a competing service, and yeah, it's absolutely fine I've used the bike service a couple of times to deliver an ID card across town, and, uh, it's kinda an open secret that while they are strictly cargo services, it's normally possible to travel with your cargo, and nobody is particularly strict about what the cargo actually is...

hannah01 likes this.

If you use gogo van to collect you from the roadside and drop you off on the roadside, it can be very cost effective. If you need them to help you move stuff from apartment to the van (or vice versa), then the cost goes up a lot.

hannah01 likes this.

Have used them with great success, especially when bringing dogs into DB, it allows me to have a service to my door (and yes with me travelling as a passenger).

I think you will have more luck getting the driver to help you load and unload than a taxi driver..... Apart from not being too willing to get out and help, they often have 'stuff' in their boot so the entire space isn't available (you said large items).

I'd choose the GoGo option

hannah01 and chuckster007 like this.

Welcome to Taipo!

Gogo Van will be more economical. I did both options from Tseun Wan to Taipo and taxi was about $80 more.

With the van you also don't have to worry about stuffing everything in. Extra benefit is they use GPS.

Tip: Pay the extra $5 for English speaking driver, because they will call to confirm and this is the only issue I had with the sevice, language barrier and hangups.

looking at gogo website, from sai ying pun to tai po is around HK$ 180 + $5 for English speaking

Cheap Cheap la

gogo van is inexpensive and great way to move from one part of hk to another.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    it's normally possible to travel with your cargo
    Is it legal?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    looking at gogo website, from sai ying pun to tai po is around HK$ 180 + $5 for English speaking

Cheap Cheap la
    What cheap cheap la. Ugh!! I know the app showed 185. But the driver (English speaking) nearly ripped me off with a charge of 500 HKD. In the end although he agreed to accept whatever I paid, he'd not go below 300.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast