Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Death of Filipino helper in Hong Kong

Yep count me in

I saw a (Chinese) woman hand over all her dirty trashes (from the food she was consuming) to her DH standing by like a bodyguard. She (the madam in question)was busy sorting her shopping bags out.Such a scene, I couldn't help but stare at them from a few inches away. My impulse was to go slap the btchhh but of course, I'd be accused of meddling in "personal and internal affairs". Lol. Apparently, a DH can be used for ANYTHING.

So this Chinese woman was eating or sorting out her shopping bags? Was the DH asked to take out the trash and if so is that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by monomono
    So this Chinese woman was eating or sorting out her shopping bags? Was the DH asked to take out the trash and if so is that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by monomono
    It's plainly wrong lol. A garbage bin was nearer to her; she could just discard them all, (by) herself. While the lady gorged on her food, the DH was standing there all the time looking at her employer. And then what? She just wiped off her mouth and literally just dumped the piles into the DH's hands.I'm not saying asking the DH to discard wastages is/was a wrong thing, I'm saying that the way she behaved was wrong. It's not like she was busy fixing a rocket to be launched in 2050. Just checking on her LV bags.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01
    It's plainly wrong lol. A garbage bin was nearer to her; she could just discard them all, (by) herself. While the lady gorged on her food, the DH was standing there all the time looking at her employer. And then what? She just wiped off her mouth and literally just dumped the piles into the DH's hands.I'm not saying asking the DH to discard wastages is/was a wrong thing, I'm saying that the way she behaved was wrong. It's not like she was busy fixing a rocket to be launched in 2050. Just checking on her LV bags.
    If you are talking about the behaviour being wrong in this situation, then we all have experience of crap bosses right? My bosses don't say please and thank you every time and are not always polite to me when they want something done.

But usually there is a line and if they cross that line, I would quit.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy
    If you are talking about the behaviour being wrong in this situation, then we all have experience of crap bosses right? My bosses don't say please and thank you every time and are not always polite to me when they want something done.

But usually there is a line and if they cross that line, I would quit.
    But if you quit would you have two weeks to get out of the country?

How anyone could sit there eating while the helper stood watching is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile

How anyone could sit there eating while the helper stood watching is beyond me.

Exactly. A DH isn't our puppy trained to keep looking at whatever the shit we do.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland
    Yep count me in
    Can I private message you? It will not be for a few days as I am meeting some domestic helper representatives from one of the unions this weekend.

I saw a (Chinese) woman hand over all her dirty trashes (from the food she was consuming) to her DH standing by like a bodyguard. She (the madam in question)was busy sorting her shopping bags out.Such a scene, I couldn't help but stare at them from a few inches away. My impulse was to go slap the btchhh but of course, I'd be accused of meddling in "personal and internal affairs". Lol. Apparently, a DH can be used for ANYTHING.
    I can understand how you feel. Actually, you would be accused of assault so it would be better just to video the proceedings.
    hannah01 likes this.

The main worry is: if the employer behaves badly in public, then the chances are that her behaviour is much worse in private.

I have heard bizarre stories directly from the mouths of FDHs. I often type up their statements which are then given to lawyers. I do not work for any organisation and of course can only deal with a few. I always tell the FDHs that what they report must be the truth; otherwise I cannot/will not help them.
    hannah01 likes this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast