Like Tree8Likes

Reasonable price for psychiatrist

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi,

Did everything go OK or do you still need recommendations?

If you have medical insurance you can usually claim up to 80% back (I did). I can recommend Alpha Clinic in Central, I saw Frances Cheng and she was brilliant.

Thanks, I will look into this. My Dr. is approx. 2700 per visit with consult and meds.

I don't want to assume you don't know what you're asking for, but psychiatrists & psychologists are very different and in some circumstances the latter would be more useful.

Psychologists / psychotherapists are rarely mentioned, any in my opinion underrated.

Of course if you know what you want, don't mind me... just passing through!

Quote Originally Posted by shamblesuk:
    Hi,

Did everything go OK or do you still need recommendations?

If you have medical insurance you can usually claim up to 80% back (I did). I can recommend Alpha Clinic in Central, I saw Frances Cheng and she was brilliant.
    Be careful with costs, read your policy carefully to ensure you are covered and what the cover is. You can't just assume because someone gets 80% back that you will too.

Right, I recommend calling your insurance provider and asking first. The ones I've experienced say that they only cover medical issues, and psychiatrists & psychologists aren't covered...