Like Tree8Likes

Reasonable price for psychiatrist

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reasonable price for psychiatrist

Hi. I need to see a psychiatrist but I've read that it can be really pricey.
    Any suggestions for good but affordable doctor?

Thank you!

The problem in HK is there is a serious shortage of psychiatrists, and the ones in private practice take full advantage.

I am not sure that there is a good, and affordable, one in hk. Very happy to be proved wrong.

He has advertised on this site, and has been recommended-DR NG WAI MAN STEPHEN
    Suite 510, Prince's Building
    10 Chater Road, Central Hong, Kong
    Tel:28680111

but I doubt you will get away with less than $1,500 or so for first appointment.

Further reading:-

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...trists-next-20

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...blic-hospitals

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2016/06/2...-in-hong-kong/

You must be crazy to pay that kind of money.

monomono likes this.

A friend used to to go to her assigned psychiatrist at the public hospital for $160, but it took ages for her to get her appointment.

Would be curious to hear about cost too. The only psychiatrist I once called up for charges quoted HK$3000 without medication, which is insane.

Since much of this might be talking, try phoning one from overseas?

Then Fanda for ant prescription? Or post?

Dr. Jemima Wong at North Point. 800 HKD first consultation (60 minutes), 500HKD subsequent consultation (20-30 minutes). Plus meds (around 200-300). Warm, professional, patient, good listener, speaks excellent English.

Quote Originally Posted by mexmon:
    Dr. Jemima Wong at North Point. 800 HKD first consultation (60 minutes), 500HKD subsequent consultation (20-30 minutes). Plus meds (around 200-300). Warm, professional, patient, good listener, speaks excellent English.
    Hi .do you have an address or phone number ?

Quote Originally Posted by Etzev:
    Hi .do you have an address or phone number ?
    2571 1336, 1/F, Max Share Centre, 367-373 King's Rd, North Point.

Quote Originally Posted by mexmon:
    Hi! I managed to get an appointment next Wednesday it is 800 for 1st conultation! Thank you!
    I saw one in causewaybay and its 1500 only for consultation! Happy that I can save a little bit more for medication
    MABinPengChau and mexmon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Etzev:
    Hi! I managed to get an appointment next Wednesday it is 800 for 1st conultation! Thank you!
    I saw one in causewaybay and its 1500 only for consultation! Happy that I can save a little bit more for medication
    Glad you got an appointment. You will be in good hands!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast