Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By DimSumBond
  • 6 Post By huja

Work around to travel ban?

Closed Thread

Work around to travel ban?

I'm wondering if it is possible to get into Manila via a different port without getting quarantined.
    I need to go for personal matters but do not have enough time to risk getting stuck.
    If I go to a different port, ie Thailand and then from there go to Manila, would immigration know I came from Hong Kong?

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by strikerz19; 14-02-2020 at 12:43 PM.

If you do not have a residency visa or whatever it is that you require in Thailand, I'd suspect that the Philippines immigration authorities could ask you for proof of where / how / when you entered Thailand?

Also, do you have past records of several consecutive trips to Manila from HK?
    Last edited by shri; 14-02-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerz19:
    I'm wondering if it is possible to get into Manila via a different port without getting quarantined.
    I need to go for personal matters but do not have enough time to risk getting stuck.
    If I go to a different port, ie Thailand and then from there go to Manila, would immigration know I came from Hong Kong?

I think it is possible they will question you and if you can't answer satisfactorily you will get returned is my guess.

I believe IATA may be sharing flight details and also records of residency.

COVID-19 is like tax evasion and CRS. Expect privacy to wither away further. Airline travel has always been a weak link and it will tighten.

My guess is your strategy may or may not work - all depends on your nationality and residency status in the ports you declare.

shri and timonoj like this.

Sorry I do not know why I initially typed Korea and has not been edited

Yes i have prior trip records to Thailand on a regular basis.

My question is basically would immigration know my previous countries visited by scanning my passport? Since I use my HKID to scan in and out at the airport, I doubt they can trace that I have been here..

Thanks!

. . . why shouldn't the quarantine rules apply to you?

Do you hold a HK passport or others? The immigration officer (if not a form) will likely ask if you've been to HK/China/Macau in the last 14 days, even if you lie they'll likely still be able to see your passport stamp dates (enter /exit Thailand). The only way I see this potentially working is if you don't have stamps at your transfer port (If you have E-gate or something like that)

BUT I still wouldn't recommend it. The travel bans are there for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by strikerz19:

If you were to lie on the declaration form and be caught you are facing up to a year in prison.